Question about Dell InspironTM 1501 Notebook
My cd rom will not do anything it wont open play cd when i open it with a paper clip in the pin hole I had to Redo my computer and since then the cd rom does'nt work. When I go to my computer it says DVD RW drive(E:) I went to properties and it says it is working fine and then i did a update and it said my driver was up to date. there is'nt a cd in the drive. can you please help me.....?
From the device manager, Right click on the drive and uninstall it. Then restart your computer. See if that helps.
If still not, then you can try this step.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
Posted on May 14, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2011 | Dell (1G055) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo) Burner
Feb 25, 2011 | BenQ CB523C CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Mar 12, 2010 | Teac (DW-224EA-AM6) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
Mar 06, 2010 | Dell 48X Half-Height Serial ATA Internal...
Dec 24, 2009 | Dell XPS 400 PC Desktop
Oct 04, 2009 | Sony (DWQ30AB2) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Nov 10, 2007 | LG GCC-4522B (0048231293594) CD-RW/DVD-ROM...
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: