Buttons sometimes do not work on FM and CD.Have had instances where I turn car on and can't get buttons to change stations or volume or anything for that matter, then later they will work.Also if I put in a CD it will play and then when I eject it I will hear a couple of short humming sounds and then usually the unit goes into demo mode and I lose all my FM, clock, and bass and treble settings. Sometimes when it does this I cannot get the buttons to respond for a while again. Wondering if you think this is a wiring issue or is the unit wearing out?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Connect the FM antenna and the AM loopantenna at the back of the unit. Rotate the AM loop for better reception.
2. Press AM/FM.
3. Tune a station by pressing TUNER+/-repeatedly until the desired station is found.Alternatively, you can press and hold thesame buttons down for about one second toactivate the automatic search function. Inthis mode the unit will automatically tunefrequencies until it finds a station.
4. Repeat step 3 to tune to another radio station.
5. Press AM/FMto select between FM and AM.Storing Radio Stations
The unit can store up to 40 radio stations (30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) in its memory. You can enter every single radio station yourself or the unit can store all available radio stations automatically in ascending order
Automatic Preset Programming
1. Press AM/FM to enter the AM/FM mode.
2. Press and hold AM/FM for two seconds to start automatic preset programming.
3. Radio frequencies will be browsed and radiostations stored automatically. When all the available radio stations are stored or all 40(30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) memory locations are full,the auto preset programming function will stop.
1. Tune to a radio station (see "Manual tuning"for details).
2. Press MEMORY. While the Program Preset number is still flashing, input your desired preset number using the numeric buttons or press CH+/-, then press MEMORY to store it.
Retrieving Preset Stations
1. Press AM/FM to enter the Tuner mode.
2. Press CH +/- to search up or down for thepreset stations or directly press the numeric buttons.
Connect a good FM antenna to the unit's antenna jack to make sure you get good radio reception. Power on the unit. Press the Tuner/Band button. Adjust volume and tune to a known station using the up or down arrow buttons..
holding button that has a clock icon on it then usually the hrs and mins are in the 1 thru 6 preset radio station buttons , however if there is a function button press that first to bring the unit to where the preset radio station buttons will behave as hr and min buttons . up/down volume buttons usually will not do it , sometimes if it has it a rocker type button with < > on it will change hrs and then mins , of course again if there is a function (func) press that first
Try resetting it. Remove front panel, on main unit is an indent that says reset, insert ballpoint to reset and replace front panel. Everything should now work although you will need to reset stations and clock.
Performed the hard reset by turning on the unit prerssing the button with a square symbol and power at the same time. To tune on face must depress the arrow buttons firmly and hold for a bout 1.5 seconds, then tuning begins.
Try this for the tuner fix. Turn unit on.Hold down (volume down and SRC )buttons and unit will power off.Keeping them in also press and then release the reset button(bottom right hand side) .Release the other 2 buttons and unit should now restart with 50khz fm spacing and 9khz am spacing.If you find out how to change region code,Post It
I'm not completely certain about yours, but on most Sony decks you can get to a manual tuning mode by pressing and holding the seek buttons. In other words, if you press and release the tuning button, it will automatically jump to the next channel. If you press and hold the button for a second, it should beep and possibly start flashing an "M" on the screen. After that, it should stop scanning when you release the button, without jumping to the next station.