1.Elections of the grampanchayat are conducted by stats election Commissioner through District Collector and Tahasildar.
2. The elections are conducted for every five years. The date of 1st meeting of elected members is taken as a date of starting of the functioning of that grampanchayat.
3. Tahasildar announces the date of election.
4. The number of members is fixed according to population of village.
Election of Sarpanch and Deputy Sarpanch:
1. Election of Sarpanch and Deputy Sarpanch is conducted in 1st meeting of Panchayat under Chairmanship or representative of Collection. The 1st meeting is called as early as possible after election.
2. The notice of election is given to elected members at least before three days.
3. The names in prescribed form are accepted form are accepted before 2 hours of meeting from elected members.
4. The election is conducted by open election method but if any member desires, the secrit ballel method is used.