Question about Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven
I went to use my micro this morning, there was no lites, nothing. Checked breaker, it was fine, unplugged and plugged back in, still nothing. I did notice about two weeks ago a sizzling sound for a short time and could'nt see anything that would have caused it. It didn't happen again. I know there is a fuse inside that can be replaced, but the screws are star shaped with a piece of metal sticking up in the center. Is there a special tool that I have to purchase to take it apart?
Yes these are torx safety bits could be a t-10,t-15, or t-20. Replace the fuse and see what you get.
Posted on Oct 15, 2007
If the unit is running, there's probably no reason to replace the fuse unless it's loose in the holder.
That sizzling is indicative of high voltage or high current. It may be signaling the imminent failue of the inverter.
Due to the lethal voltages used and produced, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.
If it happens again, I would recommend that you contact your nearest Panasonic-authorized servicer.
You can find one here:
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2015 | Panasonic White 1250-watt Counter Top...
Sep 28, 2015 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Feb 26, 2015 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Jan 25, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 01, 2012 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Jun 20, 2010 | Panasonic NN-S254WF Microwave Oven
Feb 17, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 25, 2009 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Dec 21, 2009 | Kenmore 63672 Convection/Microwave Oven
Aug 19, 2008 | Frigidaire GLMV168K Microwave Oven
389 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!