I put a new ink catridge in the printer and the red light keeps flashing- it also has 2 messages- the cartridge is not in correctly and ink cartridge is missing. This just started happening over the past 2 weeks and I do not know how to correct this problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It may be a paper jam error. I find when you use an old or rough page in your printer, it don't properly go to its way and cause to displace a sensor that is situated at under the Head carriage of this printer which can be seen in following pictures. Solution: check if this problem is occurred after paper jam then check the sensor is on its proper place or not if not then open the printer upper cover, open the lock of carriage rod from both sides. Set the sensor at its proper place and then check it.
Remove the cart ridges, restart printer, does the lights still flash? restart printer, place cartridges back in, make sure the tape is removed from the cartridge. also you can try cleaning the contacts.
So after you have connected the carts again, restart printer. how is it?
Hello and Welcome to FixYa! Sir/Ma'am If the Check Print Cartridge message is shown and Red Light Flashing then it means that Either ink Cartridge is not installed properly or the function for detecting the ink level is disabled. For it Make sure that you install ink cartridges at correct position as indicated by the label on the print head holder. Press push mark until ink cartridge click into the place. If you are sure then you have installed ink cartridge properly then try following to stop the flashing of red Light.
Lift the lid to the printer (cartridges are on the right side.)
Turn the printer off, then power it on again.
Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts.
Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct.)
Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
Reconnect the power cord. The power and the resume lights (green and red) should be on.
Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and close the top cover.
Now Turn On the printer, Mostly this issue is resolved by this, But if still you get the message and red light still flash then surely its an issue of Ink Cartridge, your ink Cartridge is defective, You need to change the ink cartridge, Your problem will be solved. I hope this solution helps you.Don't hesitate to let me know if you still have some confusion in your mind. Please Rate my solution as "Maximum Stars" and then give your Words of Appreciation as a Feedback. Thank you Sir/Ma'am for taking my service and fir using FixYa Concerned: Muhammad Uzair Team : FixYa
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
My C60 Epson Stylus printer is not printing. First of all the paper jammed, I pull the paper from the front and since then the catridge holder is not going to the middle to print. also the green light keepon flashing and the red light stays on. I need your help.
When red ink light flashes - one or more ink cartridges is low. When you print, a message on your screen will tell you which one(s).
When red ink light remains on - one or more ink cartridges is empty. When you try to print, a message on your screen will tell you which one(s).
Furthermore: When following the procedure for installing a new cartridge, if the red ink light was on or flashing, pressing the ink button will cause the carriage to stop with the cartridge that needs replacing under the "ink out mark" (ink droplet with a slash through it).
some problems with compatiblecartridges can be solved by taking all the ink out and powering the printer off then back on then put the ink back in, you might have to do this a few times also make sure no ink or dust has built up on the pins.