After going about 10-15 seconds, there is a loud, kind of grinding sound and when you look inside, you can see a "spark" or light behind the wave panel. It is the sound that a microwave makes when there is metal on something heating in the unit. It doesn't happen every time but is happening more and more frequently.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The wave guide could be dirty or damaged. Dirty oven interior can also cause sparking. The wave guide is probably not dirty if it's not on the interior of the oven . Some are behind the interior wall .
Our JE1860SH was also sparking after a few seconds. The GE tech pulled the upper round disk and found the problem. The plastic was burned and the round metal which is behind the plastic dome was arching with the frame. Lasted seven years expected more especially from a GE product. So my suggestion is to remove the dome and check it out.
on the inside of the oven on the right you will find a small square of mica this is the wave guide cover have a look and see if it burnt or out of shape if it is then unplug the unit and remove and replace it make sure u clean the area where it sits as food can get behind the cover hope this helps
Check behind the "Wave Guide Cover" on the inside cavity. There may be moisture or food residue behind it. Should be a cover that is plastic or Mica. Really strange that it's sparking being new. Also check that you use plates without gold or silver trimmings (Crockery or porcelein). This will also cause sparking. Remember that microwaves will always go to the first organic source in its path. The wave guide cover, if soiled, is very close to the tip of the Magnetron and will therefor result in arcing. Good Luck, JUS004