Question about Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Try pressing and holding in for 5 seconds the power button, the low ink or paper button, and the stop button all at the same time,it may reset the printer.
Posted on May 15, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This usually means that the waste ink absorbers are full. If your printer is under warranty, you can get them dealt with and the counter reset at an Epson Customer Care center. If your printer is out of warranty, you should consider if it is worth the fix. You can get this done by Epson or an independent printer repair person. (They might sell the parts for a dyi job.)
Once that is done, you can get a reset utility from the following URL: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp . If you execute the reset without the pad replacement, you will get ink smearing on your documents after a while.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 29, 2010
Please try these steps:
1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer.
2. Prepare your work area by putting scrap paper down. Have some spare, just incase. You may also require tissue paper. It is also recommended you use protective gloves as the ink will stain your skin for quite some time.
3. Unscrew the screw at the back of the printer.
4. There are two or three tabs at the back and two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force pry apart the cover.
5. At the back of the unit you need to locate some white pads, or sponge type things, initially they will seem fine, but they will infact be full of ink. You need to grab a pair of pliers and pull them out one by one, there should be four, put them on your scrap paper.
6. Take the scrap paper with the pads on to your sink, turn on the hot tap and hold each one under the tap using the pliers until the water runs clear. If you have protective gloves on it may be worth squeezing the water out also.
7. It is recommended that once you have done this, you let them dry.
8. Now return the pads back into the printer.
9. Put the printer back together, (mind out for the paper alignment, and give it some force), not forgetting the screw at the back.
10. Plug in the USB and power cable and turned it ON. (Yes the lights will still flash)
11. Download and install the SSC Service Utility for Epson Stylus Printers.
12. Select your printer and model number (There is no Stylus C42 UX, so select Stylus C4x), then close the window.
13. If it asks if you replaced with the pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
14. You will see a SSC Service Utilitiy icon (it looks like a printer) in the system tray (next to your click), and LEFT click.
15. A menu will appear, from here you can click on “Protection counter” (its a red cross), then “reset protection counter”.
16. Turn the printer power OFF, wait 10 seconds and then turn it back ON.
This should do it.
Posted on Mar 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2012 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Dec 09, 2010 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 09, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Printer
Feb 27, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo 925 InkJet Printer
Jul 17, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R200 InkJet Printer
May 14, 2009 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 26, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 15, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Jan 03, 2008 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!