- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you see power lights but nothing appears on the screen, it could be a "POST" (Power-on Self Test) problem or simply LCD problem.
Here are some steps that you can try. One of these may work on your case.
1. Remove the battery and the ac adapter then press the power button for at least 20 seconds to drain electric charges left from the system. (You may need to repeat this step to get it work.)
2. If above step doesn't work, try to plug in an external monitor and see if you get display from the external monitor. You may need to press the Fn + F4 or F5, depends on the key designed on the keyboard to toggle between displays.
3. If you get display from the external monitor, I'm sure your having problem with the LCD components. In this case, check and replace faulty LCD backlight, LCD cable or LCD inverter. The LCD inverter is often a culprit.
4. Try to reinsert the memory module/s (RAM) of the unit, try using one RAM at a time to see if it works. A faulty RAM will cause the laptop not to POST.
5. If reinserting the RAM doesn't help, most likely your motherboard needs to be replaced.
Take the Tomtom to a shop and trade it for a garmin unit. It has global map and u can navigate country such as Vietnam with it.. using GSP coordinate.. also there is a Garmin map for Vietnam free on internet.. just google it and you will find it.