- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What kind of receiver did you get? DirecTV, Dish, or something else? This remote comes with software and cables you can connect to your computer. Once you install it, and connect the device, you can program it to connect with your specific electronic components. You may need your existing/original remotes to help get everything set up, but usually that is a one-time process.
is the user's manual for a Phillips remote control. There is a list of
codes in it. They should be rather universal. There's also instructions
as to how to program it. I believe that there is a way to program it
without using the codes.
Programming with Code Search
1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, etc.) to be controlled.
2. Press and hold Code Search button until the red indicator stays on. Release the Code Search button.
3. Press and release the desired mode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator blink, then stays lit.
Press the Channel Up button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the
device could be controlled changes channel. The red indicator blinks,
then stays lit. If you accidentally overshoot the code required, press
the Channel Down button to backtrack through the library until the
device changes channel. Pressing Channel Up changes direction to
forward again. Press and release the Mute button to install the code.