I turn my mp3 player on and it comes up with "Firmware Problem" and then skips to the "Clean Up, Format All, Reload Firmware and Reboot" screen. I have uninstalled the cd from my computer and reinstalled it but it hasnt fixed the problem. What should I do?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Creative Zen Micro
There is no clear reason as to why this occurs, but there are some things you can try:
1. Reset the player 2. Run Disk Cleanup 3. Reload the OS If none of these help the only other option left is to reformat the player. If you do this
you will obviously lose all content, including that bundled with the
player. Note that format seems to be the most common cure for this
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If a problem is occuring with the firmware, then just go onto the CREATIVE ZEN website /www.creative.com and select the model of your creative mp3 player.. once you have selected the modell it will then scan your mp3 player to check what it is required and then reccommends the downloads listed. However it is vital that your mp3 player is connected to your pc via usb lead.
Solution ID # 4794 from creative site
ZEN Micro and ZEN MicroPhoto
1. Make sure that the battery is charged.
2. Detach the ZEN Micro or MicroPhoto from the PC, and ensure that it is turned off.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Move and hold the Power button to the Power On position and re-insert the battery to the ZEN Micro or MicroPhoto. Hold the Power button until the Recovery Mode appears.
The following options will be displayed:
-Clean Up : Scans the player and removes invalid links from its music library.Does not affect music files themselves.
-Format (All):Caution! Erases all content!Save a copy of your player's content before formatting.
-Reload OS/ Firmware : Caution! Erases your player's firmware.
DO NOT select the Reload Firmware option unless you have access to a PC and you have downloaded the necessary firmware to install.
Reboot Reboots the device.