Question about Bosch HMT8655GB Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Bosch HMT8655GB, after being used no heat and cuts out at 22 secs

I have a bosch HMT8655GB, after being used yesterday i made a burning smell. Have tryed it today and the microwave started works for 22 seconds and then stops, if i try it again runs again for 22 seconds but does not heat at all?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Bosch Master
  • 43,501 Answers

Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101

e6tuwe

Posted on Sep 30, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Panasonic nnt553 top got hot smelt like bakelite burning then stopped working.


probably ur stirrer motor burn or temperature cut off tripping due to hi temp of ur cavity casuse by defective coling fan

Feb 21, 2015 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

What to do when oven smells like burning plastic


new ovens do have a certian amount of "burn in" to do when there new best to heat up and cool off oven several times before actuall food use to remove any construction solvents and "cure" all the materials inside

also ck to make sure you removed all the shipping packing sometimes this gets left inside by accedent and smells something horrible when heated ( caution :: Foam degrades to cyanide deadly gas when heated!!!!)

Sep 08, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Locating the fuse in a hmt8655gb microwave


Make sure that the program controller is working if not check power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html

If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to know how a microwave works:

http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1443/how-a-microwave-oven-works.html

So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off. Check the wave guide covers, if food had deposited
then it must be checked or replaced. See link:
http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html

Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on; use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely

Jan 11, 2013 | Bosch HMT8655GB Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Oven accidentally operated without any contents and cut out with a smell of burning. Subsequently the oven only runs for approximately 22 seconds before stopping. Any ideas?


It will require a new magnetron and possibly power supply for it. The magnetron will destroy itself if it has nowhere for the energy to go.

Feb 14, 2011 | Neff H5642 Convection / Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Our Sharp microwave oven turns on, makes a loud humming noise, starts to smell like something is burning, but doesn't heat. Well, actually, we don't think it heats, we're too scared to let it run because...


Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} This can be caused by grease etc. inside the oven and on the wave guide which is the paper like thing in the oven. If you can remove it look for burnt areas which may can be scraped off or you may need to replace it. An appliance parts store usually has the material you can cut to fit you own.

Dec 10, 2009 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Stoped heating and had a smell like somthing electrical was burning? Fix it or buy a new one?


HI, normally, when you smell the burning electrical wires and board components, this will confirm a major capacitor malfunction. in this case, all electronic component will be fried or destroyed. these parts are the running diode,magnetron tube,cut-off fuse,noise filter and control board as well. all these parts will be costly to replaced, and it will be more cost effective to just cut your loss and purchase a new unit. the newer unit will be cheaper than the actual repair bill in this case.

Aug 06, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Neff 5470 used for 20 min then just cut out


Take it back to where you bought it from and get a new one!

May 19, 2009 | Neff H5470NOGB 900 Watts Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Sick Microware


first unscrew the unit replace fuse "near transformer this fuse is for the heating" --i think ur microwave needs a proper ventilation..

Feb 05, 2008 | Bosch HMT8625GB Microwave Oven

2 Answers

WHEN SWITCHED ON MICROWAVE RUNS FOR 22 SECS AND THEN CUTS OUT ....


possibly a self-diagnostic service that detects a non-functioning magnetron

May 28, 2007 | Siemens HF26066GB 1000 Watts Microwave...

1 Answer

Bosch hmt9626 gb 1000w microwave cuts out after 20secs


ur mag netron is faulty the reason for cutting out is thermal cutout switch change magnetron

Jan 20, 2007 | Bosch HMT9626GB Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Bosch HMT8655GB Microwave Oven Logo

886 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Bosch Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75117 Answers

Shehu Pro
Shehu Pro

Level 3 Expert

1284 Answers

Are you a Bosch Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...