Found blown 10a fuse blown on display pcb.Replaced fuse but found blown diode on mircowave power supply.Dose this mean the microwave unit is blown or is it worth replacing the diode and where can i get a replacement.Dose anyone have a service manual for this machine.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert that has 1 follower.
Re: Neff combi blown diode.
If the diode failed by opening, there may be no other damage. If the dioded failed by shorting, the alternating current may have damaged other components. Ohm it out. You can get diodes from digikey.com, mouser.com, or radio shack or any electronics or appliance supply. If the diode is charred and you can't get the part number, the oven rating can be used to select a replacement. Since the fuse was 10 amps, the diode should also handle at least 10 amps. If you can power the unit and read the voltage at the diode input this will give you the power (volts times amps). It's always worth trying as it's cheaper than replacing the unit.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Mainly there are three/four fuses in Microwaves depend to maker. First one to be checked it is on plug about 13A in cable out side microwave Second one for power supply usually comes 10A located in terminal board of cable supply in side microwave if you follow the cable. Third fuse i think about 5A for high voltage it located usually on wire connected between transformer and capacitor. Fourth some Microwave have third one on the control board located behind switch panel.
if the second fuse is blowing immediately after starting microwave that usually mean one or more of the following need to be replaced
The fuse can be replaced, but the underlying issue should still be investigated and resolved. Otherwise the new fuse will blow also.
If the microwave is not working the thermal fuse may have blown.
When a microwave stops working the problem is usually the line fuse or within the high voltage circuit; either the high voltage capacitor, diode, transformer or magnetron.
no 3rd fuse as far as i know just the two on the mains pcb and the plug i would test all three fuses again but if the short has gone back up to the control panel them that might be why its not coming back on if it has blown the control pcb it will show up as ablack mark on the pcb sorry cant be nore help its the sort of thing i would need to see as it could be a door micro switch as well gd luck dont forget to unplug the unit
Check continuity of this 10A fuse to see if it's blown.
What is most likely to have happened, is that an internal short has happened inside the main transformer. These cannot be rectified, and often means scrapping the complete item due to cost of replacement.
However - if you can find another microwave with a different fault - just remove the good transformer.
Checking the transformer for a short at high voltage is not recommended.
You could try a spare 10A fuse as a start point (probably a leaded type) - but expect it to blow again. DON'T go higher or omit !
Possibly the interlock monitor switch is bad or out of adjustment. This switch is designed to create a short circuit across the power line (and then blow the fuse) if you attempt to defeat the door interlock and operate the oven with the door open. A shorted capacitor or diode could also cause the fuse to blow. Because of lethal voltages inside and the possibility of microwave leakage if repairs aren't done correctly, you are best off leaving microwave service to professionals.
suspect high tension diode or bleed diode faulty. easy to replace but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE CAREFUL. THERE ARE VERY HIGH VOLTAGES PRESENT IN A MICROWAVE. YOU MUST SHORT CIRCUIT THE CAPACITOR WITH A GOOD QUALITY SCREWDRIVER IE GOOD INSULATION. VOLTAGE CAN BE UP TO 1500 VOLTS AND IT CAN KILL.
no solution sorry but we also have a Neff mw/combi oven which keeps blowing for no apparent reason, the Neff repair man has looked at it 4 times and practically replaced every component -power module, operating module,relay board, door switches but it`s just gone again! The model is a H5972N0GB/01 and it is approx 3 yrs old, no problem for the first 2 years .Time to write to Neff -is yours the same model?
sound like the door monitor switched has blown or shifted out of position if the switches dont operate in tandem when door is opened or closed it will blow the 10 amp fuse and kill the display they will need to be checked by engineer if it is monitor switch they are not expensive to replace.
It would seem there is a bad connection in the fuse holder or in the wall socket or in the microwave itself.
Maybe you can narrow it down to the microwave by trying other devices in the wall socket.
If it's the microwave, it's time to call for serivce.