Question about HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Assuming you're talking about the touchpad, this can be enabled and disabled in your control panel.
Open your start menu, then Control panel, if it's not in classic mode click the Classic View link in the top-left corner. Now open the mouse icon and select the Device settings tab(red logo), now click the settings select by single clicking the synaptics touch pad from the list. click the settings button below the list and select the "Virtual Scrolling" section.
You will see two check boxes, the First enables the marked off vertical scrolling feature, the second enables a horizontal scrolling feature that may not be marked on the mousepad but runs along the bottom of the pad and works the same way.
Click OK, on both windows and close the comtrol panel.
Hope this helps FixYa, if not reply back with any additional info you can,
Posted on May 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you can activate this by
1. going to the control panel on your vista machine, make sure you are in classic view
(2) double click the mouse icon.
(3) From here you will select the "Device Settings" tab,
(4) make sure your Synaptic Pointing device is highlighted and then click the settings button located directly below the "port" column, this will bring up properties for this device.
(5) With all categories in the left hand column collapsed, select "Virtual Scrolling" here is where you will find the box that needs to be checked to enable vertical and/or horizontal scrolling.
(6) make sure the "Enable Vertical Scrolling" box is checked.
(7) don't forget to hit apply!
I hope this helped some people. I am using a HP dv7 so your menu may look a little different. Happy holidays.
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2014 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Feb 15, 2013 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Hewlett Packard HP 6730b...
Feb 03, 2013 | Acer Aspire 5750-6438 - 25519
Feb 03, 2013 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 06, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
May 22, 2009 | Compaq Presario CQ60-220US PC Laptop
Jun 07, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
Jun 06, 2008 | NEC e122 Cellular Phone
666 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!