Question about Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Bulb replacement for KEMS308GSS1

In another thread in these forums, I have found how to replace my own microwave's bulb. But I can't confirm whether this part number is right for MY microwave. Brand: KitchenAid Model: kems308gss1 Possible bulb part number: #4375348 How do I confirm that this is the one I need?

Posted by on

  • neerav162 May 12, 2009

    microwavesvc and psptech,

    Thank you. The exploding diagram was exactly what I needed to give myself peace of mind that I'm at least going in the right direction. I will end up taking the bulb for matching, but wanted to avoid that because simply removing the bulb is a complicated affair in this model (Sears wasn't particularly looking forward to do this repair for even the $350 they were charging!). And I don't want the microwave to be unusable for a day or two just because I'm too lazy to take apart and close the microwave twice!

    I've taken apart way too many things in my life, but kinda nervous and not looking forward to this one! I'll report back soon with the results of this adventure.



2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 9,047 Answers

Yes. According to the part list here, there are two in this unit, and they are both small halogen types:

ref # 12 part # 4452164 oven light bulb

ref # 75 part # 4375348 microwave lamp

You can also find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number kems308gss1 here.

Or if you can, remove the bad bulb and take it to a local home improvement center like Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

They have a huge variety of bulbs and I've never failed to find what I needed there.

You must not touch the new one with your bare skin, as the oils will shorten the bulb life.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on May 12, 2009

  • William Miller
    William Miller May 13, 2009

    We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.


  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 150 Answers

Take the sample they will match one for you.

Posted on May 12, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

This is an over the stove microwave. Need help replacing the light bulbs on the bottom of the microwave.

Disconnect the power and get a flat bladed screw driver to remove some of the bulb base away from the socket. Insert long nose pliers into the area created and turn base counterclockwise to remove.

Nov 21, 2015 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Replace light bulb.

Here is one link that i've found. It didn't mentioned the exact model but i hope this one helps...

Mar 07, 2015 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Grilling bulb out

hello chris microwave is an american model
I found the tube/bulb you looking for is like the picture and called quartz grill tube and can be replace by similar voltage 120 v

Apr 01, 2014 | Whirlpool GH6177XPS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Over the range Danby Model dom16a1wdb surface light replacement

a screw at the back side when removed get access to the bulb.Usually 40Watts bulb with1/2 " threaded

Mar 28, 2014 | GE JVM1790SK Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore Microwave/Vent Model 721.80042 - External light will not turn off after bulb replacement

If you have a stuck key or non-responsive key, most of the time you will have to replace the keypad for this microwave oven repair. If your keypad is connected to your control board by a flat ribbon wire, try disconnecting it and clean the silver contacts with an ordinary pencil eraser. After cleaning, plug it back in and try it. If it doesn't fix it, replace the keypad unit. Some units actually have keypad tests to confirm your diagnosis of a bad key.
If your keypad and control is the same unit, replace that unit. Another note, unlike stove/oven keypads and controls, most microwaves do not have error codes or tests to distinguish whether it is truely the keypad or control. Most of the time, it is the keypad that needs replacing, but a small percentage of the time it can be the control. Check the tech sheet if they can point you to the right part.
God bless you

Apr 02, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Change the bulb

Remove the top cover by removing the side screws of the top cover. The chamber lamp is mounted within the slit of the top and will be visible. You can remove the covers to get to the lamp. replace with the same type and thread. if the lamp has not blown it can be due to faulty switch or relay.Trace the lamp circuit to confirm the fault

Jan 10, 2013 | Panasonic NN-S769 Microwave Oven

1 Answer


Please check the link below of espares and you can get to order all spares including thebull Please check on this info of how a microwave works so that you can confirm the position of the bulb to be replaced.

Oct 27, 2011 | Jenn-Air JMC9158AAS Convection/Microwave...

1 Answer

I have the Jenn-Air microwave oven. It is mounted in a cabinet. How do I replace the light? Should I try to remove the microwave from the cabinet? If so, how is this done. The manual is vague on this. It...

Most microwaves are similar in design, and here is how for a GE, which will most likely apply to the Jenn Air:
This site explains the process:
To discharge the cap, you can touch an insulated screwdriver across it's terminals, but just avoid the contacts and you will be fine.
Sorry to have to relay tough news, but how this helps you repair it.

Sep 10, 2010 | Jenn-Air Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

265 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76691 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides