I have an MPX 220 cell phone. I have purchased two replacement batteries. Both batteries held the initial charge, but would not charge a second time. Once the initial charge disipates, the phone is non-operational with or without ac adapter. Any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First Option: mostly nokia chargers doesn't make problems... just try the following.. connect ur mobile with a system (usb cable)... found out whether it is charging or not... if the same prblm appears then there is a prblm in ur cell phone or power jack(socket)... if it charged with usb cable buy a new charger Please change Phone Bettery and check the charging IF Charging Problem not Solved So
Second Option: Your Phone charging IC Fault So Please change charging IC And charging Problem will Solved Quickly
Please test the voltage at the battery terminals of the phone with the battery removed. If voltage is present the battery must have developed reverse polarity and will not charge as a cell in blocked.
so replace battery but if there is no voltage the adapter is faulty.
Follow these procedure to save or revive your phone,
remove Cell Phone from Water: Time is of the essence when it comes to
saving a fixing a submerged cell phone, as soon as you see your phone in
water, remove it quickly! Every second matters do this step quick.
the Battery: In order to save the battery on your cell phone
after it's been wet, quickly take the battery out of the phone as soon
as you take it out of the water. Buy doing this you will ensure that
minimal damage is done to your battery.
Drying the Phone Out:
Quickly shake your cell phone to get all of the
water out and reach for the paper towels. Press down on your cell phone
to make sure all of the excess water has come out. If you have
accessories such as cell phone covers, take them off promptly otherwise
water will still be stuck in your phone.
Saving your Info: If
your cell phone takes a SIM card, quickly remove it
before the phone dries. While you may still loose some of your
information, you won't lose it all if you take the SIM card out of your
cell phone in time
.Removing Excess Moisture: To remove the
unseen moisture in your cell
phone you will need to cover it with either Desiccant gel packs or rice.
Desiccant gel packs can sometimes be found when purchasing brand new
shoes or clothes. Make sure your cell phone is completely covered with
either one of these for up to 3 hours.
Vacuuming: Take your
vacuum hose and place it up to 4 inches away from
your cell phone with it on. While this won't remove all of the water, it
will certainly eliminate the big spots of water damage.
the Phone On: After allowing your cell phone to sit a day or two
with the power off, turn it on to see if it works. More than likely if
you followed these steps as soon as your phone was submerged, it will
cut on. If not, you will have to purchase a new cell phone because the
one you have can't be saved.
It appears that the phone is not charging the battery. you may need a new charging connector or mainboard repair. You can get a free repair diagnosis and estimate from www.fixphonenow.com cell phone repair services.
I had to visit quite a few stores and finally purchased a used battery from a licensed dealer. With the new battery I was able to restart the phone and the new battery also held a charge. This phone is prone to overheating and gets what the phone tech called, "thermal shutdown." Too hot, it turns off or freezes up. I ran into other problems with this phone so I finally got a different one.
Hi folks with aging JAMS. My JAM is still dying (complete shutoff) using phone. I wish it would just lose the phone signal but my unit shuts off completely during phone calls. I can have 80% charge. I spoke with a friend that mentioned on his cell phone (different manufacturer) that although his battery will show a full charge or less, the time it takes for the charge to go down is ridiculously fast once the battery is old. He watches his phone lose a charge in under an hour though it charges to full.
I wish IMATE would make some formal post regarding when to get a new battery and what symptoms are possible. I'm a bit hesitant to invest in batterys if the issue is hardware. I use the unit alot--as a PDA, a phone, etc. It gets jostled about so maybe something is lose inside, though I doubt it.
I purchased a cheap phone charger so in the car I'm recharging and at work I just keep a cheap USB to plug charger. I reserve the phone when I'm out. This is not really optimal for cell phone use but it's a behavioral fix. I figure I should be looking at a new device (despite high prices) soon.
I did a full discharge/charge cycle or two or three but only noted short term benefit. At some point the quirky behavior returned and off went the PDA cell with the 80% charge. I see dots of us around the net. Again my Jam is probably 3 years old this March.
Your battery is very very low. The red light is indicating an almost dead battery. In fact, you may have a battery that is too low to charge. Or you may have dead cells in the battery that require you to purchase a replacement.
Try my guide to manual battery charging. I have it listed in all of the HTC Wizard (which is actually what type of phone you own) sections.