- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Excellent question. Wish I had the answer. I have the same problem with the MFC-7440N. I hook up my old HL 1240 and it prints them fine, so I now use two printers - one for envelopes and one for normal printing. I contacted Brothers and was told that it was not the printer, but the Application. If so, then why does my old Brothers printer work? They do not have the answer.
You should be able to go to the Brother website and download drivers and support programs for this product. I'd start with a Google search "MFC-7820N drivers". There should be free drivers and support available. Here is the best I found.... I hope it helps you. http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/eu/eu_ot/en/model_top/monolasermfc/mfc7820n_all.html?reg=eu&c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc7820n_all
We have multiple 7820s in our office. This would be a configuration problem with your windows XP computer. From the XP computer, open a command prompt and type "ping x.x.x.x" where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the 7820n. Make sure you get four successes. I would then uninstall the brother software and drivers and go to "printers and faxes" in the control panel and manually add the printer.
To manually add a network printer, with it's own print server, on Win XP:
1 Click "Add Printer"
2 Select "Local Printer Attached to this computer"
3 Deselect "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer" then click "Next"
4. Click "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP" from the drop down. Click "Next". this will open TCP/IP Wizard
5. Type in Printer IP Address next to IP Address (Port name will autopopulate) and click "Next"
6. If wizard finds printer, it will show you "Finish" button. If you get a "Additional Port Information Required" window, something is wrong with your printer or windows xp network configuration.
7. When the TCP Wizard window closes, it will take you back to Add Printer Wizard. Select "Have Disk" and navigate to the \USA\WXP\Addprt directory on your Brother Drivers disc.
8. Select brxpadd.inf and click "Open" then click "OK"
9. Select "Brother MFC 7820 N Printer" from the list and click "Next"
10. Select name of printer, whether you want a default, print test page and DONE!
I had work done on my laptop. I have a Brother MFC 7820N printer, scanner,fax,copier. I cannot find my cd for setting the drivers to have my laptop use the 7820N. Where can I pull the information down on line to enable my laptop to use my printer?
Before buying a product verify with Web that product is compitible with XP. If no then check with seller. Else if u have already bought try installing with all good accessories (cable connection) etc. All the best.
The 7820N prints double-sided manually using the drivers. From Windows, select File / Print. On the pop-up window, click on Preferences, select the Advanced tab, click on the A/B pages icon, and select Manual Duplex. "OK" your way out. When you print, you'll first confirm to print one side of all pages. Then follow the instructions that appear.