Question about Kenmore Freezer 20.3 cu. ft. Frost Free Upright Freezer
Model 253.26052102.....Ser# WB64823807
Came home after work and seen water dripping from the freezer. First thought defrosting until I open the door. Stuff was thawed and freezer was not running. The red warning light was on and I flipped the switch and the buzzer sounded. Unplugged hoping to reset but no luck. Sileneced the alarm and plugged back in and it did not feel like the compressor was running. A couple of questions:
1. On the inside wall, under a cover, inside a styrofoam container, is this the thermostat for the alarm?
2. How do you check for operation? Ohm meter?
3. What kicks the compressor on, beside the switch?
1. You can hear the compressor running.
2. The temp setting you turn the thermostadt to starts and stops the compressor.
3. Look in your manual for a reset button and the location.
4. If you are familiar with a meter, grab the manual and check it it. But I doubt it is the resistance.
5. Sounds like a bad motor or low freon. If you have a lot of food in it, and the above didn't work, bite the bullet and call a repairman, although it sounds like much of the food is past saving if it is really defrosted.
Posted on May 12, 2009
I think problem its not with thetmostat but the compresor work but not correctly not have enought power to create pressure.
Posted on May 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | Kenmore Freezers
Jun 01, 2012 | Kenmore 20.3 cu. ft. / 575 liter Upright...
Jul 16, 2011 | Kenmore 20.3 cu. ft. / 575 liter Upright...
Feb 05, 2010 | Freezers
Jul 02, 2009 | Kenmore 20.3 cu. ft. / 575 liter Upright...
Jun 17, 2009 | Kenmore Freezers
Jan 16, 2009 | Kenmore 20.3 cu. ft. / 575 liter Upright...
May 11, 2008 | Kenmore 16.7 cu. ft. / 473 liter Upright...
Aug 10, 2007 | Kenmore Freezer 20.3 cu. ft. Frost Free...
Jan 24, 2016 | Kenmore Freezer 20.3 cu. ft. Frost Free...
830 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: