When I select zone 2 either remotely or directly on the unit, I get no sound from any of the zone 2 speakers. Zone 2 illuminates on the receiver, so it appears to be "on". I have checked/tightend wire connections etc. It was working a week ago, and now nothing. The rest of the unit works fine.
I called and spoke with Yamaha support staff (Chuck) who was very helpful. I was able to get my issue resolved hopefully this works for you too.
Couple of solutions:
1) Go into the Menu setting (Manual SetUp/Speaker Set) and make sure that you do not have Presence Speakers or Suround Back Speakers
2) Also in the Menu settings (Manual SetUp/Options/Multi Zone Settings) make sure that your Zone 2 Amplifier is set to "Int" (assuming you are not using external amp
3) Zone 2 can only accept an analog signal (not digital)... so there are two steps to this one. First, make sure that you either run only analog, or if you run digital and analog then you need to select "Analog Input" on the front of the unit. If yours was working earlier, my guess is that your input settings got switched to digital (or auto) You need to have analog set up for each specific external source (DVD, Cable/DTS, etc)....
4) This model receiver will only let you control Zone 2 with the remote control. You can power it on the receiver unit. But to select your source you have to press the Amp button, then the ** button. Then you control Zone 2 and you can toggle sources and adjust volume. (Check your owners manual for programing remote for zone 2.. think I pressed the "code" button and then 2999.)
Hope this helps... it worked for me If not call Yamaha they were very helpful.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Zone 2 Setup on the RX-V773 using the ZONE2/PRESENCE Extra Speakers
The RX-V773 extra speaker terminals can power one set of speakers for Zone 2 or Presence speakers. If the extra speaker terminals are utilized then the RX-V773 cannot be set for Bi Amp (Surround Back/BI-AMP terminals).
Setting the Extra Speaker Terminals
Note: The RX-V773 remote control will be used to access the On Screen Menu of receiver.
1. Press the On Screen button on the remote control to enter the On Screen Menu.
2. The On Screen display should be displayed on the TV/Monitor.
3. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote until Setup comes up in the screen.
4. Press the Enter Button on the remote control.
5. The Setup Menu will come up across the TV/Monitor screen.
6. Use the Arrow Left & Right buttons on the remote to navigate to Speaker.
7. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select Manual Setup.
8. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Speaker Manual Setup menu.
9. Speaker Manual Setup menu with Power Amp Assign highlighted will come up.
10. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Power Amp Assign menu.
11. Speaker Manual Setup, Power Amp Assign menu will come up with Basic highlighted.
12. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
13. Press the Enter button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
14. Press the On Screen button to exit the on screen menu.
To control Zone 2 using the RX-V773 remote, the switch at the upper left side (above the BD/DVD Scene button) of the remote must be set to Zone 2. To see the operations on the front of the Yamaha receiver you must press the Zone Control button on the front of the receiver.
Note: Only analog signals can be sent to Zone 2. If you want to output the sound from Zone 2, connect an external component to USB Thumb drive, USB iPhone/iPod, Network, AV 5-6 or Audio 1-2 by analog connection. For AM/FM radio the antennas must be attached.
Get the original Yamaha remote, go to Set menu, manual setup, speaker setup, and look for "extra speaker." it needs to be set to "zone 2." This is off the top of my head, so it should be pretty accurate. Get used to doing this, though, as this amplifier assignment to zone 2 is prone to resetting itself in those Yamahas.
Sounds like the Zone 2 amp was set to external, see below for instructions on
setting it back up. How do I setup Zone 2 on the RX-V661 Using the internal
Setting the RX-V661 remote control to operate Zone 2 1.
Using a ballpoint pen or similar object and press the Code set button.
The Transmit indicator on the remote should flash twice. 2. Using the
numerical key pad on the remote and key in 9992, the Transmit indicator
You will now need to assign the receivers internal amp for
1. Set the remote control selector to AMP. Selector is on side of remote. 2. Press the
Set Menu Button. 3. Arrow down to Manual Setup. 4. Press the Enter
button. 5. Arrow to the Sound Menu option and press Enter. 6. In the
Sound Menu arrow to Speaker Set and press Enter. 7. Arrow to the EXTRA SP
ASSIGN and select ZONE2. This may require using LEFT or RIGHT arrow. 8. Press the Return button to exit out and return
to the Manual Setup.
We had the same problem - I think it was reset when the power went off in a storm. Went to Yamaha website (http://www.yamaha.com/yec/faq/faqdetail.html?CNTID=206010&CTID=5009135) and found the following worked:
Assigning the receivers internal amp for Zone 2:
Set the remote control [SIDE SELECTOR SWITCH] to [AMP]. (Located to the right of the volume buttons on the Remote).
Press the [SET MENU] button on the remote control.
Arrow down to Manual Setup and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
Arrow to the Sound Menu option and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
Arrow to Speaker Set and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
Arrow to the EXTRA SP ASSIGN and select ZONE2
Press the [RETURN] button on the remote control to exit out and return to the Manual Setup.
FIX ZONE @ SOUND - STUCK ON "ZONE 2 - FIX"
1. Press "Amp" button (right side of remote - 1/3 way down)
2. Press "Menu" button (center of remote - 1/2 way down)
3. Press "TV VOL" button (green letters) until "Manual Setup" is displayed on receiver
4. Press "Enter" button (green letters)
5. Press "TV VOL" button (green letters) until "3 Option Menu" is displayed on receiver
6. Press "Enter" button (green letters)
7. Press "TV VOL" button (green letters) until "D Multi Zone" is displayed on receiver
8. Navigate from there
Hope it helps. It worked for us.