Question about Yamaha RX-V657 Receiver
When I select zone 2 either remotely or directly on the unit, I get no sound from any of the zone 2 speakers. Zone 2 illuminates on the receiver, so it appears to be "on". I have checked/tightend wire connections etc. It was working a week ago, and now nothing. The rest of the unit works fine.
Suggestion by clarkent22
I called and spoke with Yamaha support staff (Chuck) who was very helpful. I was able to get my issue resolved hopefully this works for you too.
Couple of solutions:
1) Go into the Menu setting (Manual SetUp/Speaker Set) and make sure that you do not have Presence Speakers or Suround Back Speakers
2) Also in the Menu settings (Manual SetUp/Options/Multi Zone Settings) make sure that your Zone 2 Amplifier is set to "Int" (assuming you are not using external amp
3) Zone 2 can only accept an analog signal (not digital)... so there are two steps to this one. First, make sure that you either run only analog, or if you run digital and analog then you need to select "Analog Input" on the front of the unit. If yours was working earlier, my guess is that your input settings got switched to digital (or auto) You need to have analog set up for each specific external source (DVD, Cable/DTS, etc)....
4) This model receiver will only let you control Zone 2 with the remote control. You can power it on the receiver unit. But to select your source you have to press the Amp button, then the ** button. Then you control Zone 2 and you can toggle sources and adjust volume. (Check your owners manual for programing remote for zone 2.. think I pressed the "code" button and then 2999.)
Hope this helps... it worked for me If not call Yamaha they were very helpful.
Posted on Dec 05, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2012 | Yamaha RX-V773
Jul 01, 2007 | Yamaha RX-V657 Receiver
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Sep 05, 2009 | Yamaha RX-V661 Receiver
Apr 05, 2009 | Yamaha RX-V661 Receiver
Jul 01, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V661 Receiver
Feb 16, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V661 Receiver
Jan 19, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V657 Receiver
1,022 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!