Question about Nikon COOLPIX S6 Digital Camera
I cant take any pictures because they all come out black. The screen is completely black when you have it in camera mode. But i am able to view the pictures perfectly fine. What is wrong? And is it a defective problem or something that i did to the camera?
If you want to follow my way to try fixing it yourself, keep reading and do it at your own risk. You paid several hundread dollars for the camera and I just paid $20 for it. Therefore, I tried everything I can to make it work, even if I had to open the camera body to play with the inside. Fortunately, it was not neccessary to take it apart.
Once again, AT YOUR OWN RISK to follow my way to get back your real time image screen.
Read the following steps once and make sure you understand before action.
(1) Load your camera with a freashly recharged battery.
(2) Switch on to see if it's working and still without the real time screen.
(3) Switch it off, and hold it tight in you palm with the LCD facing inward.
(4) Now, with you palm up, you should be able to see the model name 'CoolPix S6' under the lens and the flash.
(5) While holding the camera and aiming at the 'CoolPix S6', raise your other hand with the fist next to your ear.
(6) Match the aim as describe in(4) to the aim of your elbow 's protruded part and make pratice moves. Yes, you'are going to smack it
to your elbow.
(7) When you are ready, try first not to hit your elbow too hard once.
(8) Switch the camera on to check. If you have the 'Screen' now, congratulation! If not, repeat (4) to (8) but with a stronger impact
Force. You might have to try more times until your elbow could not take the sore.
I got mine fixed by performing the above steps just once, but I started at a medium impact force. Before this fix, I tried to whack it on both sides, the top and the bottom to my knee cap.
Why I chose knee cap and elbow? They hurt if you strike too hard. The target is to apply enough impact force to shake but not break the parts inside the camera.
Posted on Oct 21, 2007
THIS SERIOUSLY WORKED. I just tried smacking it against my elbow for about 40 minutes, and finally i just smacked it against a shelf, and my camera is BACK!!! I am SO happy. Thanks!!!!
Posted on May 09, 2008
This solution works, although i just smacked it against a window frame after my elbow started hurting. small dent, but worth it.
Posted on Apr 09, 2008
I confirm again, it's worked. after check cost service 80 us dollars, I can not accept cost. just try smack medium power with your elbow as above.
thanks so much, good luck.
Posted on Mar 21, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A420 Digital Camera
Nov 11, 2008 | Canon Rebel XTi / EOS 400D (body only)...
Aug 31, 2008 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S500 Digital Camera
Sep 12, 2007 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ1 Digital Camera
Nov 26, 2006 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P72 Digital Camera
Sep 05, 2006 | Konica Minolta DiMAGE A1 Digital Camera
Sep 08, 2005 | Pentax Optio 555 Digital Camera
Aug 31, 2005 | Canon PowerShot A70 Digital Camera
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: