Question about NetGear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router (obwgr614_1)
Router seems to work fine for most websites - but i have one site that i go to all the time and it seems to take forever to load up. i am on high speed connection (rogers) and have tried to just hook up bypassing the router hooked up directly to the modem and that site loads up no problem. it only loads very slow when the router is hooked up and this is only something new that is happening - i've had the WGR614 v7 Netgear router for well over a year and no problems untill the last few weeks.
Do a firmware upgrade
1. Please verify the model and version of the router underneath it.
2. Go to http://kbserver.NETGEAR.com/downloads_support.asp and select the model of the router.
3. Please click on the appropriate version of the router.
4. Select the link of the latest firmware. Please click on the button Right-click and Save to Download.
5. Save the file to the Desktop.
Note: Please perform firmware upgrade with wired or Ethernet connection only. Before you upgrade, write down all current settings as you need to enter them manually after upgrading.
6. Using the computer hardwired on the router, open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
7. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
8. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
9. Click on Maintenance and then Router Upgrade.
10. Click Browse and locate the upgrade file in your Desktop. Click Upload.
11. Please wait for the router to reboot.
12. Reset the router.
a. Please push the reset button at the back of the router and release after 30 seconds.
b. Unplug the power adapter for 10 seconds and then please plug it back in.
Posted on May 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: PS3 and Netgear WGR614 V7 Router
Basically the PS3 wireless settings needs to be configures with the Netgear wireless router settings.
To test if the modem is connects to the Internet, connect a computer into the modem, if it works then the modem is configured correctly. If it doesn't work, then contact your ISP and get them to test your modem connection.
For details on how to configure the PS3 click on the WEB link :-
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2012 | Belkin N750 DB Wireless Dual Band N Router
Jun 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 26, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 12, 2017 | Zonet ZFS3018P 8-Port Ethernet Switch
Sep 04, 2010 | D-Link DFL-800 (DFL800) Firewall
Jun 09, 2010 | Linksys -Cisco Wireless-G VPN Broadband...
Mar 07, 2010 | HP T5730 1GB/1GB + L1750 17" Monitor PC...
Jun 24, 2009 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Feb 26, 2009 | Panasonic BL-C10A Network Camera
Feb 14, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router...
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: