Have a canon mx 300. I changed the colour cartridge when the message said ''colour ink low''. Followed the directions. The error message is still there. I am still able to print. How do I make the error message go away? Thank you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Locate the STOP/RESET/RESUME button on your printer which is represented by a triangle within a circle on the body of your printer and is usually in red, white or black as pictured below. With the reset button located hold it down for at least five seconds and then release it.
The printer requires both cartridges to have ink before the printer will initialize and operational. Even if you are only printing black and white both cartridge have to contain ink or the printer will error out. This is standard on all ink jet printers from every manufacturer. You will have to get ink before you can print.
CL41, this is the one you are using for your cartridge.
Did you change your cartridge with brand new one or refilled one??
If you did with refilled one, the ink level won't go back with full.
This is the method how printer measures the ink level.
1. Each cartridge has a serial number.
2. As soon as installation in printer, printer recognizes the cartridge by serial #.
3. And the printer starts to count the printing document.
4. After reaching certain print counting, the ink level will show "low ink"
So my answer is even if you refilled your cartridge, the ink level won't change,
since printer cannot weight the cartridge or.....some other technology to measure each color ink level.
For the Canon Pixma MP220, I kept getting a message saying "Col Ink Vol Unknown" after refilling and replacing a cartridge. After reading some of the other responses it appears as though Canon cartridges contain internal chips that prevent you from using them after they have been refilled. However, I tried a few things and this is what worked for me.
1. Insert your refilled Canon cartridge like normal, close the lid.
2. The Error message "Col Ink Vol Unknown" should still appear.
3. Use the "Menu" button to scroll to "Maintenance" (press "Menu" 8 times to find it), then press "OK" to conduct a "Nozzle Check" and a coloured test will print out.
4. The Error message will still appear but you will be able to print using colour AND with black and white. For some silly reason the Canon Pixma MP220 won't print using black and white if there is no coloured ink...
Make sure the tape covering the hole on the bottom of the black cartridge is removed. and then go into the printers folder and right click on your printer icon and go into the properties of that printer and there should be something in there to tell it that you changed cartridges and you can also print a test page as well.