Question about Maytag Dryers
I replaced the idler pulley and pulley arm. I must have put something in the wrong place because there is no drum belt tension. It's a Maytag Dryer model # SDG2606AWW.
I found a dryer manual on the web that showed how the drum belt wrapped around the pulleys.
Posted on May 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2016 | Whirlpool Dryers
Nov 02, 2014 | Frigidaire FGX831FS Washer/Dryer Laundry...
1. Unplug the electrical cord of the Hotpoint tumble dryer from the electrical outlet before attempting to replace the belt.
2. Pull the door open on the dryer and locate the screws on the underside of the top cover. Unfastening the screws with a screwdriver.
3. Flip the top cover back so that it rests on the rear hinges, and find the screws on the top of the front panel on the inside of the dryer cabinet.
4. Undo the screws on the top of the front panel with a screwdriver, and tilt the panel away from the dryer cabinet. Unplug the door switch connector from the metal prongs on the back of the front panel.
5. Lift the front panel up and remove it from the dryer cabinet. Set it out of the way. Locate the idler arm and motor on the bottom of the cabinet.
6. Move the idler arm forward to relieve the tension on the belt, and take the belt off the idler arm and motor pulley as well as from around the drum.
7. Place the new belt around the drum, looping it over the idler arm pulley and around the motor pulley. Move the idler arm back into place to add tension to the belt.
8. Verify that the belt is lined up correctly with no twists in it, and put the front panel back on the dryer cabinet. Plug the door switch connector into the metal prong on the back of the panel by hand.
9. Secure the front panel with the screws at the top, and flip the top cover down over the cabinet. Secure the top with the screws on the underside of the front lip.
Feb 23, 2011 | Dryers
Unplug the electrical cord before replacing the dryer belt.
Pull open the dryer door and locate the screws underneath the top lip that secure the top of the dryer.
Unfasten the screws holding the top on with a screwdriver and lift the top, flipping it back and resting it on the hinges.
Unfasten the holding the front panel on the cabinet, using a screwdriver. These screws are at the top on the inside of the panel.
Disconnect the door switch wires on the back of the front panel by hand, pulling the connector straight out off the electrical prongs and setting the front panel aside.
Locate the idler arm pulley next to the motor on the bottom of the cabinet near the back and push the idler arm forward to relieve the tension on the old belt.
Remove the old belt from around the idler and motor pulleys as well as from around the dryer drum and take the belt out of the dryer cabinet.
Place the new dryer belt around the drum in the center of the cabinet, fitting the belt inside the V-groove in the center of the drum, and lay the rest of the belt on the bottom of the cabinet near the idler pulley so you can access it easily.
Move the idler arm forward to allow room for the belt and thread the end of the new belt around the idler arm pulley and over the motor pulley, letting the idler arm move back to apply tension to the new belt. Check the new belt over to verify that it is lined up correctly in the V-groove on the drum and around the pulleys and that there are no twists in the belt.
Place the front panel back on the dryer cabinet, securing it with the screws on the top of the panel with a screwdriver, and plug the door switch wires back into the electrical prongs, pressing the switch wires on by hand on the back of the front panel.
Lower the top of the dryer back down onto the cabinet and secure it with the screws underneath the lip of the front panel.
Plug the electrical cord of the Hotpoint dryer into the electrical outlet.
Dec 28, 2010 | Hotpoint Dryers
Nov 20, 2010 | Maytag Dryer Idler Pulley for Large...
Apr 24, 2010 | Dryers
Oct 22, 2009 | Whirlpool LER5636P Electric Dryer
Oct 15, 2009 | Maytag PYE4500AY Gas Dryer
May 12, 2009 | Maytag Dryers
Dec 14, 2017 | Maytag Dryers
228 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!