Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I have an Epson stylus color 980printer which is several years old. It has worked very well until I wen t to add new print cartridges. When I opened the black cartridge , the old cartridge poped right up as described in yhe manual. When I shifted to the color cartridge, however, when I lifted the ink cartridge clamp the cartridge remained locked in place.How can I get the old cartridge out? I would Appreciate any help you can give me.
If you need to replace an ink cartridge in your printer, please follow the
To confirm which ink cartridge requires replacement, please use the printer's control panel (there is a black ink out indicator, as well as a color ink out indicator ), or the Status Monitor in your computer.
Red light flashing - Low ink
Red light solid - Out of ink
1. Open the printer cover and press the INK (Cleaning) button for 3 seconds. The print head moves to the center and the lights flash.
2. Lift up the ink cartridge clamp. The cartridge rises up from its holder.
3. Remove the cartridge and dispose of it carefully. If ink gets on your hands, wash them with soap and water. If ink gets in your eyes, flush them immediately with water.
4. Unpack the new ink cartridge and remove the yellow tape. You must remove the yellow tape from the top of the cartridge. Do not remove the clear seal underneath the cartridge. Do not touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge, or you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
5. Tilt the new cartridge toward you slightly as you insert it. Lower the cartridge so that the tabs rest on the hooks. Do not place the cartridge tabs under the hooks.
6. Press down firmly on the ink cartridge clamp until it snaps in place.
7. If you need to replace the other ink cartridge, repeat steps 2 through 6 before continuing with step 8 (to move printhead over to color (if black was replaced first) press the cleaning button once).
8. Press the INK (Cleaning) button once, and close the printer cover. The printer begins charging the ink delivery system.
9. Wait until ink charging is finished (the power light stops flashing and the red error light goes out).
Posted on May 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2014 | Epson Stylus RX650 All-In-One Printer
on Sep 17, 2008 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
on Aug 31, 2008 | Laser 3115cn All-In-One Printer
Mar 19, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX9400 Photo Printer
Nov 11, 2009 | Epson Stylus Color 777 InkJet Printer
Nov 03, 2009 | Epson Stylus Color 740 InkJet Printer
Apr 13, 2008 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Mar 31, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Nov 11, 2007 | Epson Stylus CX6400 All-In-One InkJet...
263 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!