Question about Dryers
My dryer doesn't seem to be doing it's good job in drying. It takes 3-4 full timed cycles to completely dry one load. I am handy with a set of tools. What would you suggest?
Since you do have some drying hapening, it is probably a lack of total heat.
Most all dryers have 2 heating elements. One for low heat and both for hi heat. Sounds like you lost one of the elements.
On electric dryers, look for:
1. Safety device has tripped and not reset or has malfunctioned.
2. An element has burnt out. Or a wire to the element has fell off or burnt off due to loose connection.
3. Exhaust system is clogged or restricted, causing safety to active. This stops the heating process. (Don't forget the internals of the unit being clogged too.)
4. Not getting full power to the unit. Reset breaker and verify that full power is to the unit.
(Usually somewhere between 208 to 240 volts, depending on where you are at and the manufacturer of the machine.)
5. Timer has malfunctioned and needs replacement. This does effect power to the elements.
Check these out and let me know how you come out.
Please keep in mind that there is the possibility that a new unit may be cheaper than repairing the one you have. New units have warnanties too.
Choose wisely grasshopper. And Good Luck on your getting it going.
Posted on May 11, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2014 | Speed Queen AGS17AWF Gas Dryer
Apr 18, 2010 | Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer
Aug 08, 2009 | Estate TGDS840JQ Gas Dryer
Mar 11, 2009 | Roper RES7646KQ Electric Dryer
Dec 30, 2008 | Whirlpool LEQ8611L Electric Dryer
Dec 04, 2008 | Kenmore 73932 Gas Dryer
Nov 05, 2008 | GE Profile Harmony DPGT750GC Gas Dryer
Aug 27, 2008 | Magic Chef CYE4000AWW Electric Dryer
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!