- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You turned on your laptop and horrors upon horrors, the
screen is BLACK! You see that the laptop has power but besides that nothing is
I want you to know that there is a very good chance you can
get out of this situation quickly and without any cost. This fix works on all
brands of laptops:
• 1) TAKE OUT YOUR LAPTOP BATTERY
• 2) REMOVE YOUR AC ADAPTOR CORD, that's the wall power, remove it.
• 3) NOW HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR 30 SECONDS
That will drain any static electricity that has built up on
your laptop system board and many times fixes the problem of a black screen.
After the 30 seconds re-connect your laptop to the wall
power and hit the power button normally and see if the laptop comes back up.
Replace your battery.
or if wont start
Here are the fix steps:
1. Turn off your computer
2. Disconnect every wire from it
3. Disconnect the battery from
the bottom of the computer.
There will be two tabs labeled 1
4. Re-plug in the power wire.
(the battery should not be in the computer)
5. Turn on the power. The screen
will work. Choose start windows normally. (if you get that screen)
6. Go to Control Panel ->
(Mobile PC) -> Power Options -> Under Balanced choose change plan
7. Choose Change advanced power
8. Find Processor power
management and change the minimum processor state from 5% to 100% for each On
battery and Plugged in.
9. Click Apply then OK
10. Shut down you computer.
11. Disconnect the power cord.
12. Re-install the battery on
the bottom of the laptop, plug in the power cord, and restart the computer.
i have this problem 2 days ago.. and this works on me... maybe on your's too
you may need to flash your bios. why need to flash the bios.. ? 1. had the black screen of death. or deleted the bios
how to flash the bios:
STEP 1.download the AA1 BIOS from this link:
2. extract the file
3. rename the file 3309.fd to zg5ia32.fd
4. put zg5ia32.fd and FLASHIT.EXE onto the usb drive
now, start the process
A. make sure the power cable is in
B. the laptop is turned OFF
C. Plug the usb stick in!
Press and HOLD down the FN and ESC key together
then press the power button, while holding the buttons
release the power button and continue holding FN and ESC for about 5 seconds
release the buttons and the power light will start to blink
let the laptop run and DO NOT PRESS anything this can take upto 8 mins
when it's done the laptop will restart.
this works on me... good luck.. and i hope it will help you.....
1) Remove the AC adapter and battery from the notebook. 2) Press the power button and hold it for a minute. 3) Reconnect the AC adapter, battery and try starting the computer.
Even if the issue is same then perform Hard drive self test from BIOS.
1. Turn on the notebook and press F10 immediately. Which will lead you to the BIOS setup screen.
2. Click on Diagnisis and choose hard drive self test. Perform both the short test and long test.