An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: waste ink full
Following is the procedure to reset the waste ink counter for the Canon Pixma MP150
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button. 2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button. 3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection) 4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks 0 time Green Power off 1 time Orange Service pattern print 2 times Green EEPROM print 3 times Orange EEPROM reset 4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5) Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again.
How about a description for people who need to know which buttons to press in what order... your solution here is all do this... but first do that and while you were doing that do this first- freakin impenetrable.......
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It means that your well used printer has reached the point that it needs maintenance: your printer waste ink pads and reservoir need to be removed and cleaned/replaced AND the internal counter reset.
It is 'officially' recommneded that you take your printer to Canon prnter service centre but I think that buying a new cheap printer would be a cheaper option!
You an also try to maintain and fix the problem your printer yourself: resetting the counter is 'relatively' simple (by going to the Service menu) BUT YOU MUST clean the waste ink pads and reservoir or RISK A MAJOR INK OVEFLOW DISASTER.
If you want to do it yourself, just Google for 'MP150 Waste ink counter' ....
It means that the pad that absorbs the ink when the heads are cleaned is full and if you use it more it will spill the ink over your desk. The official way to deal with that is to take the printer to a dealer and they will clean the absorbing pad and reset the warning.
You can do both yourself: 1 - to clean the ink pad: remove the cartridges and unplug the combo - the carousel should remain in the middle, leaving the pad in the right side visible; take the printer to your sink and pour water over it thru a pipe (try not to splash it everywhere) until the pad becomes white and the water that flows out colourless; allow it to dry thoroughly (at least 2 days in a hot environment). 2 - Reset the Waste Ink Volume Counter 1) Press Menu + Copy + # to enter SERVICE MODE. 2) Select TEST MODE. 3) Select 8 - PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE. 4) Select 3 - EEPROM CLEAR. 5) Select 0 - INK COUNT. 6) Press the OK key. 7) Press the Stop/Reset key (returning to the state of 3) and then press the ON/OFF key.
It is a reservoir inside the printer that picks up all the excess ink when you clean the heads, etc.. It eventually fills up and has to be serviced or replaced. It might be cheaper to get a new printer. I see them on ebay for about $39. It will cost you that much for the new waste ink absorber...
The waste ink absorber is getting full. Press the OK button to clear the error. Printing can be done until the waste ink absorber becomes full. If the waste ink absorber becomes full, please contact your local Service Center for replacement of the absorber and machine maintenance.
Well there WILL BE a reservoir on the machine that holds all the "waste" ink that did not make it to the paper. The message is refering to that reservoir. usually loacted in the inside of the machine downhill (as gravity goes) from the point of collection.