Question about HP OfficeJet 6110xi All-In-One Thermal Printer
Black ink was low on printer, replaced cartridge and they display screen said press enter to align cartridges, everytime I would press enter, it stated that the machine was busy. I turned the printer off and then turned it back on. Now the display screens says "Scanner failure" turn power off then on. Did this and still there comes a loud clicking sound. Can't imagine just changing the ink and now my machine is down.
Scanner failure means that the scanner bulb is no longer working. There are a few things that can sometimes bring it back but it may be a permanent issue.
1) Make sure printer is directly into the wall and not a surge protector or power strip
2) Remove cartridges from printer
3) Unplug power from back of printer and wait 30 seconds
4) While printer is unplugged press the # and 6 keys and plug power cord in. Keep holding # and 6 until the printer has either powered off or it says semi-full reset
5) Go through initialization process - if it works great the issue with firmware is fixed. If not then the scanner bulb isn't functioning and you are looking at replacing the unit.
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 11, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 07, 2010 | HP PSC 950 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 24, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 02, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 29, 2008 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 18, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6110xi All-In-One Thermal...
Dec 26, 2007 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 01, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6110xi All-In-One Thermal...
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: