- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How to reinstall Windows XP operating system or installing fresh copy of Windows XP on your computer.
If your Windows XP operating system had problem due to corrupted files, viruses problem or you want to upgrade your system. This procedure will guide you in reinstalling your current Windows XP or installing fresh copy.
After this installing process, you need all your hardware drivers like Chipset Intel driver, LAN driver, Sound driver, WAN driver, Webcam driver and others for the computer to be fully operational. Otherwise, do not proceed on reinstalling you operating system if your do not have those hardware drivers.
CDROM drive is required for installing Windows XP. If you don't have in your notebook computer, use external CDROM drive to connect in your computer using a USB cable.
1. To start with, you need to back up your in blank CD all your important files before you begin installation produre because all the data will be wipe out.
2. When ready, start your computer and when booting press F2 to BIOS setting.
3. On BIOS menu, choose the BOOT setting and change the priority boot to CDROM, exit and save.
In some laptops, you can skip this BIOS setting process by repeatedly pressing F9 key or F10key when booting your computer and it will run boot priority on CD.
4. Once you exit from BIOS, you computer will reboot and a message will appear " Press any key to boot from CD", press any key to enter into WINDOWS XP SET UP.
5. Belows instruction messages will appear:
* To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER * To repair Windows XP installation using recovery console, press R * To quit set up without installing Windows XP, press F3
Press ENTER to initiate the installation.
6. You will go to Windows XP license agreement and press F8 to agree.
7. You will ask you if you want to REPAIR or REINSTALL the operating system. It will appear like this. Just press ESC to proceed.
A. To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R. B. To continue installing fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press ESC.
From repairing your operating system, it will not removed all your files and other software installed in your computer including your hardware drivers installed. Just fixing the operating system.
For reinstalling the operating system, you need to back up all you files because it will wipe out all you datas in your computer.
8. After that, it ask you where partition you want to install the operating system. The message will display like this :
C : Partition1 [NTFS] D : Partition2 [NTFS] Unpartitioned Space
Use the directional key to navigate and choose C: Partition1 if you want reinstalling Windows XP and press enter.
If you want clean copy of Windows XP, you need to delete both partition by pressing L and install clean copy at Unpartitioned space. By these procedure, you will have C: drive only. D: Drive is delete.
9. After choosing the desire partition. this will appear :
* Format the partition using NTFS files system * Format the partition using the NFTS file
I suggest to choose the first line which is the quick format. The 2nd line take too much time to install the operating system. Press to initiate the installation and it will be finish and reboot automatically. PART OF WINDOWS INSTALLATION IS FINISHED.
If you had interrupted installation which is asking for certain driver file, your CD installer maybe damage which cause files to be unreadable. Try to replace the new Windows XP installer CD to proceed and until finished installing OS.
10. Once it reboots, this time do not boot from CD or do not press any key to go to PART2 OF WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION PROCESS.
11. On the opening, regional and laguage option will appear, jus click next.
12. The it will ask to type your name & organization. Put you name and company if any and click next
13. Then, it will ask for CD key and type the 25 character CD key and click next
14. Then it will ask for computer name. You can change or leave it and click next.
15. Then, set your date and time zone and click next.
16. Then, it will ask you for workgroup and computer domain, just leave it and click next.
17. Now wait until the installation process end and it will again restart automatically.
18. Again, do not boot from CD and display setting will appear. Just click OK.
19. welcom to Microsoft Windows screen will appear. Just click next.
20. Helps protect your PC will appear and choose Turn on Automatic Updates ( Only if you install genuine Windows XP). Otherwise, I suggest to choose "Not right not" if you are installing copy only of Windows XP.
21. Who will use this computer message will appear. Just type your name on the first box and click next.
Also for your reference, here is the video for your convenient .
A thank you message will appear, Just click next and it is finished.
I hope it helps you and thank you for using FixYa !
For repairing the operating system here is the blog as other want it.
As per others demand, here is the video for Windows 7 and Windows Vista Operating system
put the xp cd into the drive.the boot priority must be changed to 'cd drive' in the BIOS. after the cd is in the drive few of the drivers have to be loaded and there will be a screen showing the option install,repair or cancel.
take install and there will be an option to format a hard disk drive and create a partition.follow the instructions provided there anddo the steps and the setup procedure will take you through the steps of installing a fresh copy of windows xp. check back often because the setup needs some data to be entered by the user during the installation.enter the code when asked for.
first select boot disk as cd rom in motherboard program then after boot menu press any key setup will auto matically work................you may ned a cd key-k2kb2 bdbgv kp686 hdmq8
note: motherboard program will open by presing f2 or f 10 key after presing power key imediatly start presing either of keys..........
Hi! I having solve for this Problem! But you must have WinXP driver for that and you must have an driver-Installation from WinXP!
Install E+48U driver under "unsecured modus" and evan whit:
you must copy the Folder from XP c:\windows\Twain_32\ePlus48U ....... copy to Win7 same phat .
plus: file wiatwain.ds same phat .
than: copy XP-> ausba4.dll to W7 c:\windows phat .
and: copy XP-> c:\scanpanel Folder to W7 same phat .
run IrvanView choice TwainSource -> e+48U
All under "unsecured modus"!
When you need help contact me!
Does your computer make the beeping sounds on boot up. If so, this means that a drive is corrupt and it's not loading the system driver files or is not seeing your hardware to boot up..
Are you running windows xp?
Have you tried running a system repair using your windows xp cd? That works by putting in your xp cd...booting to the cd....the first window you come too will ask you the basic, agree to terms, press f8 to agree...then to the next screen.
There it will have 2 options...install a fresh copy of windows Repair a version of windows...choose repair
Allow the repair to finish...and restart....if the repair was successful, your computer will restart normally...
Let me know if this works.....and how many beeps you are getting