Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
this are the troubleshooting steps for screen freezing:
1. make sure that there is no game disc in the disc tray
2. press the guide button of your controlle (big button on the middle w/an xbox logo)
3. go to "system"
4. go system settings
5. click on "memory"
6. highlight the HDD then press "Y" button
7. after pressing "Y" you will see the "rename"and "format" options under device options screen
8. DONT CHOOSE ANY OF THE OPTIONS..JUST DO THIS SEQUENCE (MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO IT EXACTLY)
9. press X,X,LEFT BUMPER (LB), RIGHT BUMPER (RB), X, X
10. a message will pop up saying "it will perform maintenance"
11. select yes
12. make sure that the date/time is properly set up.
13. reboot the console.
note: if the issue still persist:
try installing the game on the HDD,(if it still doing the same thing) call xbox support to send your console in for repair. or go to service.xbox.com to process a repair online.
Posted on May 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Dec 09, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 10, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade
Apr 24, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 03, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 15, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!