- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I found it online, please carefully follow the steps :
Note: A master reset will erase all waypoints or Favorites and will restore your unit to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your Favorites to your computer, you can find instructions to do so here.
• Start with the unit OFF and unplugged from power
• Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
• Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the unit ON
• Release the power button when the device powers ON
• You will see a new message: Do you really want to erase all user data?
Remove your finger from the touchscreen when this message displays
• Touch Yes (If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right )
The device will automatically reset. Follow the on screen prompts then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.
Could be a battery problem not having enough charge to get past the Garmin screen you might need to replace the battery or it might need to be reset.
Not knowing which model of Garmin it is makes it hard to provide a correct solution. ?
If your Garmin Nuvi 1300 is freezing up or not working correctly, a soft reset can be performed. A soft reset unfreezes the unit and brings you back to the main menu. If a soft reset does not solve the problem, or if you are selling your unit and wish to erase all of your saved information, a hard reset can be done. A hard reset restores the original factory settings to the unit. Once the information is deleted, it can not be restored. Turn on the Garmin Nuvi 1300. Press and hold down the "Power" button. Release the button when the main menu is displayed. The unit is now ready to be used. b> Hard Reset b> Turn the Garmin Nuvi 1300 off. Press your finger against the bottom-right corner of the Garmin display screen. Leave your finger in place as you power the unit on. Release your finger when the display screen asks, "Do you want to erase all user data?" Use your finger to tap "Yes." The unit will begin to reboot. Do not use the unit until the main menu is displayed. The reset process should take about 45 seconds. Hope this helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjUSGY7KVAkHow to Replace Your Garmin Nuvi 255 Battery
Power off Garmin unit. Press on continuously the upper top left corner of screen and then power on the unit by pressing once on the Power button. You should be prompted to clear all user data, or asked if do you really want to start up in maintenance mode. Press "Yes" to reset (warning: all data will be erased and lost, so backup before proceeding) or enter maintenance mode.
Hello, you should be able to achieve this by resetting the GPS since its default is English.
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you). 2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds. 3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left. 2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position. 3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
Garmin uses picture icons for most of the settings. When you forst turn the unit on you will see a magnafine glass map speaker and wrench. the wrench is tools press that. the next set of icons you will see another wrench that is settings press that. The next set of icons there will be a pair of lips that is language press that. The next screen is harder this is the language screen the upper left blue button is voice, the spoken directions, the upper right is text, the one you need to change, the lower left is keyboard. Select the text button, the languages are alphabetical so scroll up to american english, the screen will refresh then press ok.
The other solution is to do a hard reset. It sounds like you got this unit used or a floor model that someone changed the language on. It might be in your best intrest to reset to clear all saved info that others have input.
This may be a result of a previous software
version on a device or possibly some one changing the settings. If a device
does power on with a foreign language that you can not understand it can be
corrected by going through the settings to change the text language. To change the text language:
Touch Wrench icon
on the screen with the Magnifying Glass and Map icon
Touch the Gears
Touch the down arrow
Touch the second
option from the top1
Touch the middle blue
box on right
Touch the up arrow
until American English appears2
The device should be in selected text language. Note 1 - In some cases, if there are Custom POIs
loaded to the device then it may be the first option at the top. Note 2 - If American English is not the language
needed, please selected the desired language