Question about Intel Desktop Board D845WN Motherboard
My internet doesn't work on my n845wn Intel Pentium desktop, I was told the Ethernet card is broken. How to fix?
It's possible the drivers are not installed.. To check if drivers are properly installed for the Ethernet card, if you have win XP
* go to Start>Control Panel>System> click on Hardware tab, then Device Manager
- once you're on Device Manager, look for network adapter, you should see something like "Via Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter", this is just an example, you may have a different brand of Ethernet adapter
- if you can see the Ethernet Adapter and it has a green icon beside it, it should be working fine, you can also double click on it, to view the Status
- if you don't see the Ethernet Adapter on the list, look under the section "Other Devices", if you see an "Ethernet Controller" on the list with a yellow exclamation point, it means the drivers for the Ethernet Adapter were not installed, which means the drivers has to be re-installed
- you need the manufacturer cd for the drivers
*Now if there's no "Ethernet Controller" on Other Devices section, it's possible the Ethernet card is not being detected by the computer
- you may have to unplug the Ethernet card physically from the computer (computer must be completely turned off) then try to insert the Ethernet card again and boot up the computer, if the computer detects the Ethernet card, you need to install the drivers
- If the computer doesn't detect the Ethernet card, most probably it's busted. You may have to replace it.. You can also try to install the Ethernet card on a different computer just to check if it's really the Ethernet card or the motherboard that's the problem..
Posted on May 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2011 | HP Pavilion 8670C (D9290A#ABA) PC Desktop
Feb 04, 2011 | IBM Netvista Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz /...
Oct 21, 2010 | HP Pavilion Desktop a6300f Intel Pentium...
Oct 21, 2009 | Acer Aspire M1640 Refurbished Intel...
May 12, 2009 | Intel Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2009 | Intel Desktop Board D845PEBT2 Motherboard
Aug 17, 2010 | Intel Desktop Board D845WN Motherboard
May 28, 2009 | Intel Desktop Board D845WN Motherboard
964 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!