Garner,,, the C000 code is a fuser error code on this machine. It can "sometimes" pop up after a power surge/spike/loss event, and needs to be reset in service technician mode. If it doesn't reset, but rather comes back, you probably need a sevice call for something defective in the fuser (lamp, fuse, thermister).
IF YOU'RE GAME, here it is...
To enter service simulation: press"Additional Functions" to enter "User mode". Press # key. Press </> to select a menu item. enter new data using number keys. Press "Set/OK" key. Press Stop/additional functions to exit.
Note: To reset E000, E001, E002, E003, go to service mode 4. select SET, go to "#7 PRINT-ER," in service mode. Then press Execute "#4 PRINTER RESET." Power the unit off/on.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi there E000000-0000
E000 to E004 are all to do with the fixing unit.
It can be reset.
It has been known to be caused by noise on the mains supply so a filter might keep it away. To reset. Press the star button followed by 2 and 8 at the same time, then the star button again.
You should now be in service mode.
Select COPIER and this will give you some options along the top.
Select FUNCTION.In the list select CLEAR.
From the next list select ERROR and press ok.
Then switch off machine and back on at the power socket.
If it clears then all is ok. Be warned!! Do not try to change any settings in service mode or clear any other function!! It is very easy to turn the machine into a cabbage.
Sorry I cant help you more than this, hope it works for you
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
I got this fix from a copier repairman and have used it many times - it works!!
push "additional function" key. push "#" key. push forward arrow key until "#7 (printer)" appears in the screen. push "set" key. push forward arrow key until "#4 (printer reset)" appears in screen. push "set" key. screen will ask if you want to reset answer yes by pushing the back arrow key. Unplug, wait a minute and plug in again. This error will occur about once a year. save these instructions.
Remove the back plate go to Main Board then go to JP1 remove the Black jumper, connect the power cord, will show message error data and press Green Button (the Big Green for actv the copy) after that the machine do a reset and will clear the error. Return the back plate and connect power again and will work back fine.
TO RESET THE COPIER (after getting an Error Code of E000): (Canon ImageCLASS D861)
1) Press the Additional Functions button a. It will blink green
2) Press the < # > button a. You will see the following: SERVICE MODE # 1 SSSW
3) Press the < + > or < ►> button until you see the following: SERVICE MODE # 7 PRINTER
4) Press the < Set > button a. You will see the following: # 7 PRINTER # 1 SSSW
5) Press the < + > or < ►> button until you see the following: # 7 PRINTER # 4 PRINTER RESET
6) Pres the < Set > button a. You will see the following: # 7 PRINTER < YES NO >
7) Press the < – > or < ◄ > button to choose YES: a. You will see the following: # 7 PRINTER # 5 MLT CLEANING
8) Unplug the printer and wait for 15 seconds. Then plug it back in.
Here's the definitive reset. It will work on the following models: ImageRunner 1200/1300, PC1060/1061/1080F, ImageClass D620/D660/D661/D680/D681 Press Additional Functions key Press # Press > to #7 Printer Function Press Set Press > to #4 Printer Reset Press Set Press < Unplug printer and repower it.