a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. To bring out the Shortcuts on your Screen/Desktop-> Settings/Personal/Home Screen/Home Screen Theme and select Shortcut bar, you can then select which shortcut to display if goto "Shortcuts". This will also bring out the "Track" playing being displayed when you open the Music Player.
2. Tap the Clock to bring out the Clock menu and make your alarm, alarm repeat is now built-in.
3. Tap the "General" or Date (the set Profile besides the clock) and the Profile selection menu pops out, almost similar to pressing the "Power" button in all S60, but here the Remove memory is not shown, but "Calendar" shortcut is included and the other profiles as well.
4. If you are on the Numeric Keypad, pressing the [#] key alternately will toggle the General and Silent Profiles, same as before, which means long press on zero  will bring out bookmarks for the Web.
5. Tapping on the displayed To do or Calendar entry will bring you immediately to that particular item.
6. Tapping the Active Icon on the Top Left (near the battery indicator) will give you shortcuts for any of the active icons.
7. Long press on the Green Call Button will still activate the Voice Command Prompt
8. Long press on the center button is similar to the Long press on the "Menu" key (the yin-yang key on most S60) which will bring out the menu for all the active applications.
9. Go to Applications/File Manager and setup "Backup" for automated backup schedule of your phone data.
10. How to update your Nokia 5800 firmware using your phone. Presss *#0000# to display phone factory information and firmware Now press options and select check for updates The newest update is sent to your phone from nokia Download and install updates. This is done using GPRS or WIFI Connectivity.
General Tips ========= 1. Use Dialer and press # for about 2
seconds will switch the profile between Silent and General; press and
hold 0 will open the web browser; press and hold 1 will open the voice
2. There is a shortcut key for Music, Gallery, Share,
Video, Web shortcut at the top right corner just below the front camera
Press and hold the Green caller button when standby mode will activate
the voice command. You could call the name from the contact or
4. Organize your sms by grouping them like
outlook by Messaging -> Option -> Setting -> Text message ->
Other -> Show messages in groups -> Yes
light will blink if there is unread sms/missed call. It could be turned
off at Settings -> Notification light -> Off
6. If the
touch input is not accurate, you could calibrate your screen at Touch
Input-> Touch Screen Calibration -> ( Tap around the 4 dots at the
7. Turning control functions: a. Rotate your screen
horizontal or vertical b. Silence your phone for incoming call by
rotate your phone with screen facing down. c. Snooze the alarm by
rotating phone screen facing down
8. Theme effect will give 3D
and transition effect if on but will slow down your tube considerably.
Settings -> Personal -> Themes -> General -> Themes effects
9. Shortcut to exit application : Press and hold the
middle white button then press and hold the program that you wish to
quit, an open/exit option will pop out (useful for those haven’t install
handy taskman yet)
10. When using handwriting input, slide from
left to right is Spacebar, right to left is Backspace
Organize your menu by Menu -> option -> organize. You could drag
and drop the location of the application you wish to relocate.
press the menu button, scroll down to settings and press, now scroll down to profile and press again, you will see different options there, select the silent mode and press, with this option your phone will be on silent mode until you wish to change back to the option you want again.
You will have to change the "profile." (from the home screen) press MENU, then select PROFILES, scroll to a profile (available profiles are: General, Silent, Meeting, Outdoor, and Pager) and press SELECT
i figured out how. on the volume buttons (on the side) you just keep pressing the down button even after it says vibrate., if you press it enough (consecutively) it will say silent all
hope that helped
Some phones will automatically put you to the "mode" menu if you quickly press the power button. Don't hold it long enough to completely turn off the phone, just enough to activate the menu. Choose silent, and walla you're there. There also profiles on many phones. You can set your own profile to allow the phone to be silent during work hours and regular after/before work.
The key sound problem:
Attempt the following:
1) Hit Menu
2) Go to Settings
3) Go to Profiles
4) Select General
5) Select Personalise
6) Scroll down to Keypad tones and if set to OFF select it, then using the centre button press right THREE times, then press the centre button to select.
7) Press Back
8) Go to Activate and Select.
NOTE: Follow this procedure for every profile you wish to use keypad tones for.
For the headset logo problem: (this is a temporary fix, you might need to have your phone checked or wait for another solution)
1) Hit Menu
2) Go to Settings
3) Go to Enhancement Settings
4) Select Headset
5) Select Default profile
6) Select Silent
NOTE: If this does not remove the logo, then you should follow the (instructions) above.