Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

Problem removing old flapper unit from Mansfield tank

I just purchased a Fluidmaster W43AK complete toilet repair kit. I have a mansfield tank and connot remove the old flapper unit. One piece just slipts over a housing and connect to the flush handel. The other piece appears to be part of the bowel and cannot be removed. help

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 121 Answers

Disconnect the water supply first. Then use a large channel lock and remove the large plastic nut on the botton side of the supply system. Take the old one out and replace it just use caution when retightening the nut. The porcelon is very delicate. Check for leaks after you have turned the water back on and if you have to carefully tighten it some more. I hope this was helpful Have a good week end! : )

Posted on May 09, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a mansfield toilet and after flushing it keeps running, how can I fix that?

Not sure about your brand but many toilets have a flapper valve inside the tank which needs adjusting or replacing. Try this U tube link
How To Repair Mansfield Toilet

Apr 06, 2015 | Home

1 Answer

Replacing fill valves in mansfield 160 toilet

If this is the standard manfield 160 toilet I recommend replacing the fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400a. They are easy to install and adjust , and work very well.I have installed hundreds of these and have had zero problems. Hope this helps.

Sep 11, 2010 | Mansfield Plumbing Products Mansfield...

1 Answer

My Mansfield toilet model 160 runs periodically for no reason. What is the problem? Do you have step-by-step instructions how to fix it?

The flapper is bad....and allowing water to go through into the bowl very slowly...You need to find the correct flapper for that toilet....even all Mansfield toilets can have different guts inside....then replace the flapper which is very easy to do...


Sep 10, 2010 | Home

1 Answer


I'm not exactly sure where the seals are that you are describing. I'm thinking that you might need to shut the water off, unbolt the toilet from the floor, and replace the big wax toilet gasket underneath.

That's the main seal for internal plumbing in the toilet, unless you're talking about the toilet leaking into itself and wasting water. In that case you might need to simply adjust the mechanism (float, flapper valve etc.) to get the right setup.

I'm not sure I completely understand your problem though.
I hope this has helped anyway.


May 03, 2010 | Mansfield Plumbing Products MANSFIELD 3/8"...

1 Answer

I cannot get the bolts to seat correctly and the tank leaks

You have a Broken Flange.

Not a hard fix, There is a repair kit.
Don't get the Half Flange repair kit... Get the Complete hole metal flange repair kit, install and also replace the wax ring and your back in business.

Hope this tip helps.


Jan 20, 2010 | Mansfield Plumbing Products Mansfield...

1 Answer

Runs all the time


Jan 06, 2010 | Mansfield Plumbing Products Mansfield...

1 Answer

The flush valve gasket is leaking so the toilet water runs periodically

You prbably just need a new flapper valve. Buy one at Home Depot for a few bucks and it will, simply, snap into place at the base of the tank. Also, make sure that the chain is not too tight and cut off any excess chain after the flapper is installed.

Oct 26, 2009 | Mansfield Plumbing Products Mansfield...

1 Answer

My Mansfield toilet has a broken float rod and it seems like a need a Mansfield made replacement kit, is that true? I can't use a standard store bought replacement kit on Mansfield toilets?

mansfeild toilets are very common Korky or Fluidmaster makes a replacement ballcock and will change out easy I wouldnt fool around trying to find parts and replace the valve they run about 15 -$20.00 and replace the flapper at the same time

Aug 23, 2009 | Home

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

264 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17115 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3253 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

43059 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides