Question about Computers & Internet
If your notebook has a Phoenix bios then the code you are giving is for Autosize RAM.
The first step is to reseat the RAM chips in the computer.
Locate your user’s manual as it will have detailed instructions and pictures for safely removing and replacing RAM chips.
Without the manual:
1. Unplug the computer.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Then located the door to the compartment that houses the RAM chips -- make sure you are thoroughly grounded with a grounding strap before you touch the chips
4. Remove the screw securing the door, remove the door,
5. Remove the chips, you will probably have to use a small screwdriver to move the RAM locking tabs. Pull the RAM chip or chips out taking care not to touch the contact terminals.
6. Inspect the terminals for any corrosion (if you see any take the machine to a Toshiba service center).
7. If the RAM chip(s) is/are clean carefully reinsert it/them
8. Replace the cover
9. Replace the battery
10. Plug in computer
11. Power on
If you still get the beep codes then either your RAM chips have gon bad or they are the worng chip for your machine or your motherboard has gone bad and you will need to take it to a service center.
Posted on May 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S163 Notebook
Sep 20, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S163 Notebook
Jul 22, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S163 Notebook
Apr 08, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S163 Notebook
Oct 08, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S163 Notebook
Jun 09, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S163 Notebook
Apr 14, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S163 Notebook
Mar 27, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S163 Notebook
Jan 16, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S163 Notebook
218 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!