Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

My keyboard having a problem with the key @ and " changing place

Such as key for @ was place at key ''

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 51 Answers

The possibility is, you use the different keyboard layout. Check if your language is appropriate. Try to use osk (on screen keyboard) in : start/run and write there: osk, then push enter.  If in osk your keyboard still exchanging, i'm sure your keyboard layout is error.  but if your osk showing the right result, and your keyboard had the same problem, i'm sure there's circuit error inside your keyboard. You should open it (it need some expert i guess). 

Posted on May 09, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Do i have a faulty "A" key or a faulty keyboard?

You will need to purchase a keyboard replacement. Thanks for using FixYa! You can purchase them rather cheap at

Feb 06, 2012 | Dell Inspiron Computers & Internet

2 Answers

My key board all of a sudden changed the language and when I place the keys it registers a different character eg " " " for " @ " and " @ " for " "...

go to your control panel on the start up menu and click on regional and language option and change the setting back to the language you need

Sep 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Where is the "Print Screen"

The Print Screen Key will be placed at different place on different manufacturer Keyboard but it is usually lies within Scroll Lock, Pause Break Keys on Keyboard. Some keyboards short named it as Prt Scr SysRq.

Please see this screenshot for finding Print screen key on Keyboard.

Apr 01, 2011 | Toshiba 310CDT Keyboard

1 Answer

My " and @ keys

Pull it out... you can pull it out normally.... place it in the proper place and push it... Thats it you are done..

Feb 11, 2011 | Dell Latitude 110L Keyboard

1 Answer

I have problem wizh my keyboard (uk layouz) when I push "t" it appears "z" as well as "g" is "c", "z" is "g" and "c" is "t"...

I've had this before, but not knowing which machine you are referring to I can only tell you that on the machine I used it was the "FN" key (function) which when toggled changes the key presses to the "blue" characters that are on the keys. It might be the same for you.

Feb 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Letter "p" key not working.

pull the key out of keyboard, Press the rubber directly using any material that would fit there and check if it works...If it doesnt work then probably the place where letter P is placed is damaged...

Dec 08, 2010 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

I recently purchased a Logitech MK710, but I use the Divorak keyboard layout, not the traditional "QWERTY" layout. Consequently I need to physically remove many key covers and rearrange the...

no no no
you go to keyboard possibile properties ) click on orientation, click on american or english or what ever you want , click apply and it changes the keys correctly for you
qwerty is american and what you have is probably english as they are different in layout

Apr 03, 2017 | Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Optical...

1 Answer

I have HP Compaq nc6220, but Every time I want to insert the @ symbol I have to press "Shift & the 2 button". The symbol above the 2 key shows is " But if I press the key that has the...

You will need to goto the control panel goto reginal setting and set to your country, then goto the language tab at the top goto details, adjust this at the top using the small arrow to bring down the other choices set this to england united kingdom click apply then ok and exit out of all open windows now check your keyboard, if still the same reboot the computer then try hopfully your keyboard will be as you want it. hope this helps and post back if you have dificulties.

Oct 27, 2010 | HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook

1 Answer

Key @ and " changing place

I have had the same problem before. I found that setting the keyboard to U.S.english caused it on mine, so a good guess would be that you have done the same. Try switching the U.S./U.K. keyboard settings and that might be the solution.
You will find in in the control panel,keyboard options.
I hope this helps

May 09, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook

2 Answers

Key stroke problem

Go to Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Languages/Details and make sure you have the following: English (United States)
Everything else, remove it.

Nov 01, 2008 | HP CPQ175KB Keyboard

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

228 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14161 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides