Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Printed paper has a slight tear (fold-over crease) approx 3cm from RHS. Always in same position and sometimes paper jams. I've inverted and shaken but nothing falls out so cannot be a foreign body. Any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have a long solution (possibly) to your issue:
Error 13 Paper Jam
Good luck with it, I love the HP LaserJet 4 series of printers. I used to warm my coffee on the top of the fuser when I was doing large print jobs :-)
If this information helps, please give me a rating, thanks!
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
SOURCE: canon pixma ip1900 paper jam
Here's a few things you can try :-
1. Blow it out with canned air. make sure there are no bits of paper or dust in the paper feed area and in the front access area that could be causing the jam.
2. Verify that the cartridge carriage moves to the service area when the front door is opened (as if to change tanks)
3. Verify that the timing belt, drive belt, gearing and rollers all look normal.
4. Take the network out of play when doing the initial troubleshooting
5. With the computer off, unplug the printer's power cord and USB cord for about 3-5 min
6. Completely uninstall the printer's driver and software. Then reinstall the printer's drivers only.
Retry after each step.
Also if your Canon printer has fax capabilities, and you are getting a false paper jam error, the problem is easy to fix.
Open the scanner lid.
You will see a white strip on the left, under the lid.
There are also two small, white tabs near this strip.
Gently pull on each tab. You should feel a small "click" on the tab that is jammed.
This fixes the problem.
I suspect that when previously scanning something like a book page, one of these tabs got pushed the wrong way.
Hope it will help.Also you can get back to me if you need further assistance.
Posted on Dec 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2015 | HP Color LaserJet Pro 200 M276nw
Aug 05, 2014 | Kyocera Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 22, 2011 | Lexmark X342n All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 20, 2011 | Panasonic Panaboard UB-5315
• Successful printing on envelopes depends upon the
quality of the envelopes. When selecting envelopes,
consider the following factors:
- Weight: The weight of the envelope paper should
not exceed 90 g/m2 or jamming may occur.
- Construction: Prior to printing, envelopes should
lie flat with less than 6 mm curl, and should not
- Condition: Envelopes should not be wrinkled,
nicked, or otherwise damaged.
- Temperature: You should use envelopes that are
compatible with the heat and pressure of the
machine during operation.
• Use only well-constructed envelopes with sharp and
well creased folds.
• Do not use stamped envelopes.
• Do not use envelopes with clasps, snaps, windows,
coated lining, self-adhesive seals, or other synthetic
• Do not use damaged or poorly made envelopes.
• Be sure the seam at both ends of the envelope
extends all the way to the corner of the envelope.
Envelopes with a peel-off adhesive strip or with
more than one flap that folds over to seal must use
adhesives compatible with the machine's fusing
temperature for 0.1 second. Check your machine's
specification to view the fusing temperature, see
page 82. The extra flaps and strips might cause
wrinkling, creasing, or jams, and may even damage
• For the best print quality, position margins no closer
than 15 mm from the edges of the envelope.
• Avoid printing over the area where the envelope's
Place the side to be printed facing up.
Envelope Preprinted paper Transparency
Punched paper Card stock Letterhead paper
open the direct paper try on top of your A4 paper try by pushing it!
Apr 22, 2011 | Samsung SCX-4828FN All-In-One Laser...
Dec 07, 2010 | Konica Minolta bizhub C250 All-In-One...
Dec 23, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 11, 2009 | HP LaserJet P3005n Printer
Sep 17, 2007 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 25, 2007 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!