- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
sometimes a bad relay on the main timer board will tell the unit to heat with nothing in it and it will arc in the wave guide or antenna area. Arcing sounds like growling or grumbling. "Random" may be from the relay sticking sometimes and then sometimes not. Will destroy the wave guide and the magnetron and the unit could not be repaired. Would have to be replaced if that happens
If your evaporator motor is not working, you are so correct. The air circulated in the refrigerator is due to the evaporator motor fan. If left to operate without a fan to provide a heat load for your compressor, it could cause your compressor to fail. Your problem is most likely the defrost sensor inside the cover of your evaporator. It is probably stuck open and will not put power to your evaporator fan. Take you model number to Searspartsdirect.com and find the defrost sensor for your refrigerator and replace it.
Hope this helps
You've got a short in your electrical system somewhere. Probably in the starter. Dis you have the key off when changing battery. I;ve had a slight arc when replacing battery but nothing serious. If the arc is a strong arc and you don't hear sensors kicking on, check for shorts.
The arcing noise is just that, a loose connection causing electricity to arc from one place to another. this is initiated by opening the door and closing the light switch. The small glow is from a small amount of voltage reaching the bulb. If you are inclined, repair it. remove the cover, look for the burnt wire or connection. If its a removable part, replace it. If not clean it up and/or make a new connection. One thing is for sure, it will not get any better and may getworse and burn up something more critical.