- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Just fixed my problem today. It was the ADF assembly motor. The spur gear had cracked open where it can no longer grip tightly to the center rod when the motor spins. I bought a new motor assembly from CompassMicro for the total amount of $23 and my printer is back in running order like normal again. Beats taking it to a repair center and get ripped!
there are many possibilities that you will have to check out for:
1)either there is any dust got collected in the ADF assembly.so that dust is also coming in the prints.
2) of there is any thin object like hair got stuck up in the inner side of the ADF assembly.so whenever the print comes this copy of hair comes in every print out.
3) also there can be a slight crack in the ADF glass assembly.so this slight crack is giving the line in prints.
4) also the other reason can be that the black cartridge is low on ink.in this case it needs replacement of cartridge or the cartridge refilling.
so the first step you can follow is that you take a cleaning brush and clean all the dust on the upper ADF glass assembly where you place the paper.then take a moist tissue and clean the glass of the ADF assembly.
then check out.if still the same problem then take a air blower and blow the air in the inner as well as outer area of ADF assembly and check out.if still the same problem then check out if any crack on the ADF assembly glass.if no crack then its the fault in the inner side of glass.for this the assembly and printer both needs to be disassembled.but this will require proper tools.its advisable to get it done by local printer/copier repair technician familiar with this brand/model.
This will help. Thanks please keep
updated.please do rate the solution positively .thank you for using fixya
Oki ERROR 073 is a H/W Overrun detect. this occurs when the video circuit has set the overrun bit. Restart the printer and check the first print out. Try printing a different job and then reprint the same job that the error occurred. If you get the same error again, try using a different driver, ie swap from PS or PCL whichever you were using to see if that clears the error.
i changed the settings on media to rough paper & made sure all paper was to come from mp tray, but it does jam frequently, and every time it does, i need to open & re-open the front cover to get it to clear the error that appears. the error reads mismatched paper size, as there is not a custom size of small index cards of 3.5 x 5.