Question about Dryers

1 Answer

Shocked when touched dryer and window - Dryers

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Dryers Expert
  • 445 Answers

Static charge add ground wire from dryer to electrical box screw or to steel water pipe

Posted on Dec 06, 2013

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Been shocked by my dryer and while plugging in my coffee pot


Check the Grounding Circuit in your home. Get a tested at your local hardware that you plug into the wall. You might need to get a electrician or your local electrical company to make sure your not having any Main Service Connection problems that is feeding the electrcity back into your home via the Grounding Circuit. This Grounding Circuit is to keep you from being Shocked by touching your dryer cabinet.

Nov 28, 2013 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines

1 Answer

Dryer electrical shock


first thing unplug machine and have electrical outlet checked for proper wiring. This is a safety hazard. you can buy a tool for about $5 to check them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receptacle_tester
if it passes this test then there is a wiring issue in the machine. Were you touching anything else metal when shocked?
if it fails, get a professional electrician to check and repair the wiring. Do NOT use any faulty outlet as they can be dangerous.

Stay Safe.

Jun 14, 2013 | Maytag Dryers

1 Answer

Went from a 4 prong to a 3 and get shocked sometimes.


You need a meter. Unplug the dryer and check for continuity between either of the 2 hot legs and the frame.
9_5_2012_10_08_33_pm.jpg

Sep 04, 2012 | Kenmore 62602 Electric Dryer

1 Answer

I have a kitchen aid dryer and there is a lil ground cable in the back of the dryer...wat is for?


Hi raider omar8...

That little ground (normally green) wire should be hooked up to a ground in your house...either a water pipe,grounded screw on the receptical, etc.
It keeps you from being shocked if your barefoot and wet while touching the machine.
Please take time to rate me

Jul 18, 2011 | Dryers

1 Answer

I removed the metal plate off my dryer that covers the wires, because they were loose, tried to plug the dryer up and got shocked. Is there any way to repair this?


Hi gmcrae1239...

Your being shocked because you do not have a ground wire hooked to your dryer...
I will send you to a webpage that has drawing of 3 and 4 wire with ground hookups that should solve your problem.
Please take time to rate me

http://www.selfhelpandmore.com/switch-outlet/dryer-circuit-wiring-and-hookup.php

Jun 27, 2011 | Roper REX4634KQ Electric Dryer

1 Answer

Dryer won't turn on at all.. There is power to it because it shocked me and the washer runs. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?


Wait a minute, the dryer shocked you? I've seen this happen twice, where I got shocked and the dryer welded itself to the washer. Ok, you may have a electrical issue with house wiring. Or, someone may have wired the dryer cord incorrectly to the dryer. I've seen both. I would address the "shocking" issue and once it's solved it most likely will fix the Dryer operation.

Oct 12, 2010 | Kenmore 98702 Stacked Washer/Dryer

1 Answer

Dryer just stopped working. I get shocked when i open the door or touch any metal part of the machine.


Unless the shock is static electricity, you'd best unplug it and call a professional. You have a dangerous problem.
Jim Hart

Jun 14, 2010 | LG Electronics 7.3 Cu. Ft. Front Control...

1 Answer

Dryer makes like small melted black spots on metal buttons


those two stips are the moisture sensors. clean them so the shine again and try another load. Good Luck

Feb 27, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers

1 Answer

LER4634J got ''shocked'' and now won't operate


First, test voltage to be sure your are getting 240v into the machine. Sometimes there are to 120v breakers in the breaker box that have to be reset. Check to be sure yours are fully reset.

Nov 23, 2008 | Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dryers Logo

Related Topics:

43 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dryers Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75197 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15478 Answers

Are you a Dryer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...