BlackBerry Tour: How to purge deleted email messages
When you have an email account linked to your BlackBerry Tour, you can read, send, and delete email messages just like if you were sitting at a computer. And just like when you use a computer to send or receive email, your deleted emails don't get erased completely -- they get moved into a deleted items folder (sometimes hidden, sometimes visible) in case you ever want to recover them. If you know you won't need to recover those emails, or if you want to free up some extra storage space, you can purge your deleted email messages from your BlackBerry.
To purge deleted emails on a BlackBerry Tour, follow the steps below.
- Open your email folder (or the Messages folder, if you have it set up to display your emails) on your BlackBerry.
- Press the BlackBerry key (the key to the left of the trackball with seven dots on it).
- Scroll down the list of choices to Options and select it.
- Select Email Reconciliation.
- Press the BlackBerry key again.
- Select Purge Deleted Items.
- A confirmation message will appear; choose Yes if you're sure you want to purge your deleted emails.
Note: Purging your deleted items folder will only erase messages that you've previously deleted. Any emails that you have in your inbox (or in any other folder) won't be affected. If you have more than one email account set up on your BlackBerry, purging deleted items from one account won't affect the others.
on Jan 22, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry? Tour 9630 Smartphone