When I look at my phone book and need to sms/ring someone, say the person's name starts with J, when I press 5 [jkl button] it doesn't jump to the J. Instead it stays at the very top of my phonebook. What I do is I have to manually scroll up or down to sms/ring that certain person.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
For those of you who don't use FAR to increase the SMS capacity, I got a good tip for you guys. Maybe you already know, but it might be helpfull for those who don't know yet.
If you can't store anymore SMS's on your phone, run My Phone Explorer, upload your SMS's, select all of them by pressing CTRL+A and then right click; save as website on Memory Stick. You can then give it a name. F.e.: you can save all SMS's of one person who you care about the most and save those SMS's as a webpage! Or like I said, when you can't store anymore SMS's, save them as a webpage on your Memory Stick and then delete the SMS's in your IN Box.
Here’s the 13 simple steps for clarification:
1. You start My Phone Explorer (I have the latest version). 2. You go to 'Messages' in the program. 3. You press the 'synchronise' button. 4. Select one file, then CTRL+A. 5. Right mouse click. 6. Export/Import -> Save as website on memorystick. 7. Select a name for the .html file (f.e.: if it's your INBOX, call it 'INBOX'. If it's all the messages from your girl, calll it 'name'. ) 8. Disconnect your phone and USB. 9. Go to File Manager on your phone. 10. Press 5 or go to Webpages. 11. Open Saved pages. 12. Chose a .html file. 13. Watch it!
By the way, if I'm not miscalculating.. Let's say this is the avarage:
I seldomly use my WAP browser than SMS service that's why I want a faster acces on SMS. So instead of WAP, the SMS service will launch in a push of the WAP button.This procedure will help you modify the WAP button such that it opens
the Write New SMS, even on T-Mobile (it's possible that other carriers can
bypass the step A)!
A. First, configure a dummy WAP Profile:
2. WAP Options
3. WAP Profiles
4. Add profile
5. Name: "SMS" (whatever you like)
7. Connect using: press Edit
8. New Account
9. GSM data
10. Name: "SMS" (again, whatever you like)
12. Phone No: "+" (hold 0)
15. IP address: 184.108.40.206 (or whatever you like)
16. Press SAVE
17. Select the profile just created (SMS)
B. Now, configure the WAP button to write a new SMS:
2. WAP Options
3. WAP Profiles
4. "SMS" should be selected. Press Edit.
6. Change Homepage
7. Name: "SMS"
8. Change Homepage Address: "mailto:" (without the "")
That’s it! Now when you hit the top-right button (WAP), it will serve as a
shortcut to create a new SMS message.
Note: for whatever reason, it creates a space in the message. So, get in the
habit of hitting clear once to delete the space. This will also allow you to
back out of a message without it being saved in your Unsent folder.
Ok, I figured it out. To save contacts on a z310a that has a broken
screen, do the following: 1.From standby, (make sure the backlight is
lit up) press the center button once 2. Press down once to go to
address book 3. Press center button to enter address book 4. Press
RIGHT select button (upper right button with line through it) to select
options. 5. Press down FIVE (5) times to go to Advanced 6. Press center
button to go into Advanced 7. Press down FIVE (5) times to go to Copy
To SmartChip 8. Press LEFT select button to enter 9. Press LEFT select
button to select "Copy All" 10. Press LEFT select button to confirm.
Wait a couple of minutes to make sure all your contacts were
Thats not atall software prob buddy. You verify that your messages are saved on phone memory and that you are not using SIM stored numbers. You can surely backup all phone memory numbers to SIM by copying.
Save your contacts to the phone. Personalized caller ID only works from the phone, not the sim. Go to contacts then press the contact name once to select it. Press the menu button (bottom left) on phone and scroll to 'copy to phone'. You should see the caller name when they ring then.
(I bought a sim back-up device so that I can keep the sim clear. If caller information is on both the phone and sim it gets listed twice in your contacts).
I am not too sure about your phone but if i want to get to someones name quicker i just push on phonebook and push a letter!like if you wanted to send something or ring someone and there name started with S,then you would push onto phonebook and press number key 7.hope that made sense!