U rock my socks thx buddy
*** Warming : Dont try this if you dont know what your doing or if you dont know what your main problem is with the player. All the steps in this guide are collected from various sites i would not name them ( if not for you guys this guide will not be possible ) . I suggest if you dont know what you are doing is to contact sandisk technical support. ***
This is for Sansa E200 Series ( Normal and Rhapsody Model ) mp3 player with Version 1 devices. I see that many of you are experiencing this error on your players and i decided to create this guide that worked for me and for my friends players after contacting the nice guys from the sandisk technical support.
This is for Load Main Image Failed Problems.
Note : This is caused by an incorrect firmware version was loaded on the player or a bad copy of firmware files in the player.
I . For Normal Mp3 Players which dont have a Rhapsody Channel.
1. Perform Recovery mode on the player ( Enable Hold Switch + Press Record Button + Power Button ) , when it says welcome to recovery mode connect the player to the computer.
2. Open the 16MB Format which is the player in your My Computer. Then check open the Version.txt. This file will tell you what is the firmware of the player. Now you will have there,
* .12A = Older Version firmware got to 2B
* .15A = Also an older version of firmware go to 2B
* .18A = Latest version of firmware. got to 2C
2B .If you have an older version of firmware downloading and updating the firwmare of player to the latest one usually resolves this problem. If not applying this file on the 16MB Format will have a greater chance of fixing the problem.
This file will be upgrading the firmware of you player to the latest one.
2C. Download and install this file on your computer and then run the file.
This file will be downgrading the firwmare to an older version which is .12A
II. Load Main Image failed for Rhapsody Model mp3 Player.
1. Perform recovery mode on the player. Then connect the player to the computer.
2. 16MB Format should be detected in your My Computer. Download and apply this file in the .16MB Format.
This will correctly reinstall the correct firmware for the player.
For Players Experiencing Refresh Database on thier device. This would apply on both Rhapsody and Normal Model mp3 player.
1. Perform recovery mode on the device. Then connect to your computer.
2. The 16MB format would be recognize on the My Computer window. Download and apply this file into the 16MB Format.
If the above link dont work just create a file name sansa.fmt take the extion of the file should be FMT. To check the file extension right-click on the file and choose properties.
=== If all else fails contact sandisk technical support.====
Thanks to crimsontide, cyber and to my special friend johnnyten for lending my your sandisk player. :D
on Mar 22, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player