Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I have a Lexmark 2470 printer and I have installed everything correctly using the Windows Vista driver(downloaded from Lexmark website). Seems to be working, e.g. print test page. The only problem now is that the printer only prints 1 page when its suppose to print more than 1 page. For e.g. the printer only prints the 1st page of my 10 page Word document and it says its completed. I checked out the printing process, and what i saw is that the printing process for 2nd page deletes itself and abort operation. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling back but it wont work. Help!!
You may have to change the communication format called the "Spool format."
Please follow the steps given below to change the spool data format:
1. Click on "Start," "Control Panel," "Hardware and Sound" and "Printers."
2. Then, right click on the Lexmark printer icon and left click "Properties."
3. Either on the "Advanced" tab or the "General" tab for some models, there is a "Print Processor" button, left click it.
4. This is the spool format setting. Under "Print processor" it should be set to "Lexmark 2400 series print processor." Next, under "Default datatype," select "NT EMF 1.008."
5. Click "OK" and exit back out to your desktop.
6. Please try printing again.
If this does not help the situation, please describe any differences it does make.
Posted on May 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2015 | Kyocera Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 19, 2011 | Lexmark Z735 InkJet Printer
Below are 3 possible solutions.
Unexpected page breaks occur
Job has timed out.
Set the Print Timeout to a higher value:
Toner is low.
• Remove the toner cartridge from the printer. Shake the cartridge back and forth several times, and then reinstall it.
• Install a new toner cartridge.
Toner cartridge is defective or empty.
Replace the toner cartridge.
Jobs do not print
Printer is not ready to receive data.
Make sure Ready or Power Saver appears on the display before sending a job to print. Press to return the printer to the Ready state.
Specified output (exit) bin is full. Remove the stack of paper from the output (exit) bin, and then press .
Specified tray is empty. Load media in the tray.
Wrong printer software is installed.
• Verify you are using the correct printer software with your printer.
• If you are using a USB port, make sure you are running Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista and using Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista compatible printer
Internal print server is not set up properly or is not connected properly.
Verify that you have properly installed the print server and configured the printer for network printing. For more information about installing a network printer, click View User's Guide and Documentation on the Software and
Documentation CD. Copies of the printer software are also available on the Lexmark Web site at www.lexmark.com.
You are using the wrong USB or Ethernet cable, or the cable is not securely connected.
• Make sure you are using a recommended cable.
• Make sure the connection is secure.
For some reason Lexmark has not posted information for this model. If you need a manual you might try the C534 manual at: http://support.lexmark.com/index?locale=en&page=product&productCode=LEXMARK_C534&segment=SUPPORT&userlocale=EN_CA&frompage=null#2
Dec 10, 2010 | Lexmark C533DN InkJet Printer
Feb 22, 2010 | Lexmark X2350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 17, 2010 | Lexmark X2470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 23, 2009 | Lexmark 4227 Matrix Printer
Dec 17, 2008 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Oct 31, 2008 | Lexmark X1290 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 17, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
501 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!