Configuring Belkin routers without installation CD for Cable ISP :
- Connect the cable Modem/ Ethernet cable from ISP to Router in the port named Modem (usually yellow in color) using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the Computer to the Router in one of the 4 ports named wired (usually grey in color) using another Ethernet cable.
- Open internet explorer / Firefox / chrome or any of your default web browser.
- In the address bar type the default gateway address of Belkin router 192.168.2.1Belkin router setup page (RSP) will be displayed.
Wired Part Configuration:
Check for the internet status at the top right hand corner. If it is connected then the wired part is working perfect with the router (wired computers will go online). Need not follow the steps below, directly jump to wireless part configuration
If it is not connected then we need to configure by following these steps.
Step 1: You need to LOGIN to the router for making any changes. (No login password, just leave it blank and click SUBMIT)
Step 2: Click on CONNECTION TYPE (found on left side of RSP), it has to be selected as DYNAMIC and click next.
Step 3: HOST NAME leave it blank or you can type anything there and click on APPLY CHANGES.
Step 4: Click on MAC ADDRESS or MAC CLONE (found right below the connection type on left side of RSP).
Step 5: click on the button CLONE (once you click on clone the MAC address will get changed) and click on APPLY CHANGES.
Step 6: Before doing MAC clone one important thing has to be noticed. Check whether you are able to go online when you connect the computer directly to the cable modem. Because Cable ISPs uses a particular kind of authentication called MAC authentication. Hence, only the particular computers whose MAC addresses are registered in their database will be able to go online directly from the modem.***MAC clone is a feature that copies the MAC address of your computer and pastes it in the router. So the router will have the MAC address of your computer and it will get connected to the internet.
Step 7: Now check for the internet status at the top right hand corner. If it says connected then everything for the wired part is configured perfectly. You can go ahead and configure for the wireless part
.If it is not connected then we need to do a network power cycle.
Steps to be followed for performing Network power cycle:
your wired part is configured completely now.To configure the wireless part click here
- Unplug the power cable of both your modem and router.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable of the modem and wait until all the lights are lit up in it.
- Now plug back the power cable to the router and check for the lights in the router.
- Modem & Internet lights will be lit and they will be solid (blue/green) in the router; it says that the Internet status is connected. Now you will be able to go online in the wired computers.
- If still Modem & Internet lights are not solid in the router; it may be blinking in red/ amber it says that the Internet status is not connected.In this case you need to repeat the above Network power cycle by unplugging the cable that is going into the cable modem from the wall outlet.
- Still if the internet status is not connected, then connect your computer directly to the modem and check whether you are able to go online.
- If you are not able to go online, then you need to contact your ISP and fix your issue with internet.