Question about Washing Machines
My Frigidaire front-load waher works perfectly fine on all cycle but the spin cycle. The water drains from the tub but it doesn't spin to get the water out of the clothes so they are soaking wet. Any advise?
First of all, unplug your washer. You will need to remove the console in order to get to the lid switch. The washer may have release tabs under the console at each front corner. Simply slide a putty knife straight in from the front at each corner and push in while lifting up. You should feel the release tabs push in and the console will pop up. If not equipped with this type of console, you may have a console that has removable end caps. They can be removed by gently prying up on the top of them from the rear on each side. You may have to use a small screwdriver for this. The caps should pop right off. Once removed, you will need to loosen a screw under each cap. Once you have the console loosened, carefully lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel of the washer in its resting position. Be careful not to damage the small plastic hinges that hold it in place. Now you will need to perform the following steps:
1. Under the console you will find the lid switch connector. Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. You will need to remove these to remove the machine casing. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver away from you while holding into the groove and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Now pull the case from the frame by lifting from the back first.
You do not have to remove it all the way from the frame, just enough to gain access to the switch. All there is to the switch is a couple of screws holding it in and a ground wire. It's a pretty easy repair job. Some models will have the switch located on the right-hand side of the lid rim opening, while other models will have the switch located on the left-hand side near the lid hinge.
Once you've completed your switch installation, make sure you get the case back on the frame correctly by following these steps:
1. While looking down through the lid opening, place the front lip of the machine case UNDER the washer frame and start leaning it back onto the frame. There are four small cleats that must fit into four slots on the case or the washer will vibrate. Make sure the frame is seated properly, lean forward from the front of the washer, grasp both sides of the rear panel and pull towards the case. The rear panel should be seated and flush with the casing before inserting the retaining clips.
2. Insert the brass-colored clips into the slot on the washer rear panel first, and then push straight down into the opening on the top of the washer with some force. If you have the case seated correctly, the clips will snap back in.
3. Make sure you plug the connector from the console back into the lid switch receptacle BEFORE you reassemble the console. This is easy to forget.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
I appreciate your post, Kathy Saalfeld!
From my understanding on permanent press your Frigidaire washer will not spin out enough water. This could be a possible issue with your control panel or sensor within the inside of your washer. You may want to review your drain tube to assure that it is not restricted or kinked. This could be a possible problem with your drain pump or timer. You may need to consult with a professional technician for a proper diagnosis and repair to be performed on your washer. Good luck. -Matt
Feb 16, 2015 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Hello friend, I appreciate your post!
Based off the information you have provided if your Frigidaire washer is draining and rinsing but not spinning it could be an issue with your timer or motor. I would reset your appliance by disconnecting power to it by unplugging it or flipping the household circuit breaker for ten minutes. If that does not work I would recommend having a technician out to the home to properly diagnose and repair the appliance, since it could be any one of these underlying issues. Hope this helps. -Matt
Jul 28, 2014 | Frigidaire GLTF2940FS 3.5 Cu. Ft. Front...
Jun 14, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Problems with a washing machine not spinning or not draining are often inter related..
If you are having a problem with your top load washer then check out this tip...
Washing Machine does not Pump or Spin
If you are having problems with your front load washing machine then checkout this tip...
Front Load Washing machine not draining and or not spinning
Dec 12, 2010 | Washing Machines
Feb 03, 2010 | Frigidaire Gallery Supreme GSTR1670DS 3.1...
Jul 10, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Feb 22, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Apr 23, 2008 | Frigidaire GLTR1670A Front Load Washer
Nov 01, 2007 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!