Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
What does error Code 099-880 mean?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
That is caused by the print head not pivoting from home to print position.
Here are the probabilities.
1. The staineless steel pivot block, that the print drive shaft goes through has had some, most likely yellow ink seeping into it and had made it slow to move back and forth. That is the most likely issue.
2.The machine was unplugged or there was a power failure and the print head wiper blade has tacked to the print head.
3. The cables to the print head are hanging up not allowing free movement of the print head.
4. The Media path motor geat chain is out of timing. That is unlikely, but a possible cause.
The easiest way to prevent that code is to make sure the printer is level front to back and side to side.
Also, the print head is possibly bad.print head, but unlikely.
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
That's a ink loader error, due to the 8200 ink stick; to fix it:
- Power down the printer.
- Hold the back button and the info button at the same time, without letting go, power up the printer.
- Keep holding down the buttons until the XEROX logo comes fully to the center of the screen, keep holding for 2 more seconds, then let go. I'll take about a minute or two for the Diagnostic screen to come up, the display will turn blank and black.
- When the Diagnostic screen comes up go to down to the Function or Exercise option, there will be an option that says "clear ISC faults" it'll ask you to press OK to confirm, after you do then you will exit Diagnostics and the printer will reboot.
It should be fine until it happens again. Until all the 8200 ink is gone you will probably be doing this a few more times. Also make sure the 8200 ink is not jammed inside the ink loader, if it is then you have to un-jam it some how.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2015 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 22, 2014 | Xerox 6280DN Laser Printer
Apr 12, 2014 | Xerox WORKCENTRE 6015/Ni Color
Nov 08, 2009 | Xerox WorkCentre M128 Copier
Jun 20, 2009 | Xerox WorkCentre C2424DN All-In-One Laser...
Mar 16, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 6180N Laser Printer
Nov 13, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!