Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
I played my 360 for about 1 day and I turned it off, then i tried to turn it back on so I can play halo 3 but it didn't want to read the disc.I tried xbox games and it worked but it still doesn't want to read 360 games....what should I do?
Take it back to where you bought it and ask for a new one or try troubleshooting number is found on back of instruction manual
Posted on Oct 19, 2007
Take a look at this:
Also call 1800-4my-xbox and talk with them, you may can get the xbox360 replaced for a new one.
Also check these recent problems on xbox.com:
Posted on Oct 18, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Xbox 360 disc drive
if it isnt the magnet issue (hitachi drive only) then the solution is the drive isnt spinning the disc, in which case open the console, open the drive top, and hand spin your disc on the spindle for about a minute or so, make sure you push the laser block to the back of the drive, and when you power it up it should spin.
Posted on Dec 01, 2007
The problem is that the laser is either dying out, is dirty, or is not getting enough power.
so try to fix it using these steps...
- first open the 360 and pull out the dvd drive and open it up too.
- clean everything out good with compressed air, and q-tips dipped in alcohol.
- now you need to adjust the power going to the laser.Sometimes you may have to try multiple settings before getting it justright. Just keep adjusting the resistance lower and lower until itworks.
- if you tried multiple settings and still get the errors, then either get a replacement drive, or a new laser for it. Click Here for how to properly install the new laser.
- if you get a replacement drive, please not that there is a key in the pcb of the drive that must match the key from the motherboard, so you must either spoof firmware with the key, or swap out the old pcb board and put it in to the new drive.
If you need more dvd drive repair help click here
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
If you have the original X box CD's it will work fine expect when you have issues with region code.PAL NTSC are the two format a game can work with.so if you have NTSC formated game TRY a PAL version.it may work.
else clean your lens and try inserting a new CD of that GAME.
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2016 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jul 05, 2011 | Microsoft Halo 3 for Xbox 360
May 28, 2011 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
Feb 15, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 23, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jan 15, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 29, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox Console
Dec 04, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
425 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!