Question about Fellowes Office Equipment & Supplies
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If I am unsuccessful in locating the replacement gear for my AS1200X, I will joyfully sell you my unit-for parts.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
yes, it's the plastic gear that's shredded in this shredder. the drive gear on the motor is metal, as are the gears attached to blades. between is a single plastic gear which is chewed up the instant resistance is great enough. fabulous engineering. not a difficult fix, but where does one find the replacement part?
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
took the shredder section apart, cleaned out the gears of paper and a broken mount (plastic piece), and hand turned the electric motor to free it up. After assembly, the ready light works and so does the FWD/REV directions for shredding.
Posted on Nov 10, 2009
I think you just fried your gears. The motor is fine, but the gears that connect the motor to the shredding mechanism have had the teeth flattened up. No teeth on the gears = not shredding papers. The gears are made of plastic anyway.
Posted on Nov 24, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2016 | Omnitech 893737 11 Sheet Cross Cut...
Jan 12, 2015 | Omnitech 9 Sheet Crosscut Shredder
Aug 23, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 29, 2014 | Omnitech 10-Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder
Jun 19, 2014 | Omnitech 18-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder
Nov 04, 2013 | Omnitech 18-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder
Oct 23, 2013 | Omnitech 12 Sheet Cross Cut Shredder
Dec 13, 2012 | Omnitech 10-Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder
Jun 26, 2011 | Dahle 20330 Small Office Level 5 CrossCut...
May 02, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 25, 2017 | Fellowes Office Equipment & Supplies
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!