Question about SonicWALL CDP 4440i (01SSC6303) 600 GB Network Hard Drive
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: we have a sonicwall cdp
Below are all the steps that you may follow to reset your device.
First, you'll want to be onsite with the device. Hook up a keyboard and monitor; you will come to a login prompt, here type in your login/password. If you do in fact get passed the login prompt then there may be something else that is happening, but a simple restart webui may fix the issue. If not type in reset (will factory default the device) and follow the steps below. Also you'll want a laptop connected via an Ethernet cross over cable to the device.
1. Force the device to restart (you may find that you have to actually hard reboot the device).
2. As you see on the monitor the device come back up just start pressing the esc key.
--> This will trigger the GRUB loader screen
3. Once in the GRUB loader choose safe mode
--> The screen will pull up with configuring the device's ip addres, leave everything default
4. On your laptop configure the IP as 192.168.168.50/24 and the gateway 192.168.168.169
5. Open a browser and go to the gateway IP: 192.168.168.169
--> This should take you to safe mode
6. This should take you to safe mode
--> Start a consistent ping going to the device just to be aware when it will be coming back up.
7. Go back to the keyboard and monitor and let the cli complete until you get the login prompt.
8. Log in using admin/password.
9. From the "SNWLCLI>" type reset
--> This will force the reboot
10. From this point let the device run through its reboot when it's done, from the laptop try accessing it again from a browser (192.168.168.169)
15. You should now have a proper login screen.
If there are any issues at any point please note which step you hit a wall as well as what happened, and open a ticket with Support.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 14, 2012 | SonicWALL CDP 2440i - Network storage...
May 10, 2011 | SonicWALL CDP 1440i (01SSC6300) Firewall
Feb 28, 2011 | SonicWALL CDP 1440i (01SSC6300) Firewall
Oct 07, 2009 | Sonicwall PRO 3060 NFR (01-ssc-5378)...
Jul 13, 2009 | Sonicwall PRO 3060 NFR (01-ssc-5378)...
Apr 22, 2009 | SonicWALL TZ170 (01-ssc-5740) Firewall
Mar 07, 2009 | SonicWALL Pro 5060F Firewall
Feb 26, 2009 | SonicWALL PRO 100 Firewall
Apr 02, 2007 | Sonicwall TZ 170 NFR (01-ssc-5564)...
565 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: